Brian Olshansky MD
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA, 52242
Dr. Olshansky received his Doctor of Medicine degree from The University of Arizona in 1978. He completed his residency at Bellevue and New York University Hospitals in New York, NY. Dr. Olshansky completed ...
Education and Training
Univ of Az Coll of Med, Tucson Az 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Cardiovascular Diseases
Brian Olshansky MD's Practice location
IOWA CITY, IA 52242Get Direction
Mason City, IA 50401Get Direction
Brian Olshansky MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Olshansky
- Debra n.
- Jerrold w.
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Luis F. Couchonnal M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Michael C Giudici M. D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Michael G Kienzle MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dwayne N. Campbell M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- James R Hopson MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Bassam G. Wanna M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242