Dr. Robert W. Hostoffer, DO
Allergist and Immunologist | Allergy1611 S Green Rd Cleveland OH, 44121
Dr. Robert Hostoffer practices Allergy and Immunology care in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Hostoffer specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Hostoffer provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Education and Training
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic medicine Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree 1985
American Osteopathic Board of Allergy and Immunology (AOBAI)
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Selective antipolysaccharide antibody deficiency associated with peripheral blood CD5+ B-cell predominance.
- Extreme thrombocytosis in response to PEG-ADA: early therapeutic and risk indicator.
- Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome with humoral and cellular defects: a case report.
- Recurrent Mycobacterium avium osteomyelitis associated with a novel dominant
- Immunologic compensation in a patient with a large IgH constant region deletion.
- Interferon-gamma receptor defects.
- Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome: an immune deficiency as a cause for recurrent infections.
- Pseudotumor cerebri associated with kawasaki disease.
- Handle with care ... nitroglycerin anaphylaxis.
- Cracking the shell on egg-hypersensitive patients and egg-containing vaccines.
- Anaphylaxis secondary to contact with a vomited food allergen.
- Common variable immunodeficiency associated with birdshot-like chorioretinopathy.
- Chronic lymphocytic lymphoma presenting with recurrent demodicidosis.
- Cerebral aneurysm in a 12-year-old boy with a STAT3 mutation (hyper-IgE syndrome).
- Nocardia Brain Abscess and CD4(+) Lymphocytopenia in a Previously Healthy Individual.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Regional Consultant Primary Immunodeficiency Foundation -
- Clinical Assistant Professor in Pediatrics Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine -
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015) Year
- Patients’ Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) Year
- On-Time Doctor Award 2015
- Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree 2015
- atients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015, 2016) Year
- University of Alabama at Birmingham pediatric immunology
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
Dr. Robert W. Hostoffer, DO's Practice location
Cleveland, OH 44121Get Direction
Mayfield Hts, OH 44124Get Direction
Dr. Robert W. Hostoffer, DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hostoffer
Get to know Allergist / Immunologist Dr. Robert W. Hostoffer, who serves patients in Mayfield Heights, Ohio.
Dr. Hostoffer is a board-certified allergist / immunologist & pediatrician at Allergy/Immunology Associates, Inc. in Mayfield Heights, Ohio. His special interests include primary immunodeficiencies, patients with recurrent infections (sinusitis, pneumonia, and bronchitis), and immunoglobulin (IVIGg) replacement therapy. His other interests include, but are not limited to, asthma, allergic rhinitis (hay fever), atopic dermatitis (eczema), food allergies, and hives in both adults and children.
Allergy/Immunology Associates, Inc. specializes in the area of allergic and immunologic disorders affecting both children and adults. The doctors practice and treat the full spectrum of immunodeficiency and allergic disorders, including but not limited to asthma, allergic rhinitis, stinging insect sensitivity, drug reactions, eczema, hives, food allergies, and latex allergies. They offer an array of services including skin testing, immunotherapy (allergy injections), asthma evaluations including spirometry, and infusions for immunodeficiency and autoimmune disease.
A nationally recognized expert in immunodeficiency disorders, Dr. Hostoffer serves as the Regional Consultant for the Primary Immunodeficiency Foundation. He is also a Clinical Assistant Professor in Pediatrics at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.
Following the completion of his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from
A graduate of John Carroll University, he received his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic medicine in 1985. He then completed his residency training at Doctors Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, and his fellowship training in pediatric immunology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
A Fellow of the American Academy of Immunology and the Clinical Immunology Society, Dr. Hostoffer is also President of the American College of Osteopathic Pediatrics, President of the Cleveland Academy of Osteopathic Medicine, Vice President of the Cleveland Allergy Society, and Trustee of the American Osteopathic Association.
Trained and certified to treat patients’ sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity, he is board-certified through the American Osteopathic Board of Allergy and Immunology (AOBAI).
Allergy and immunology involves the management of disorders related to the immune system. These conditions range from the very common to the very rare, spanning all ages and encompassing various organ systems. An allergist / immunologist, like Dr. Schwartz, is a physician specially trained to diagnose, treat and manage allergies, asthma, and immunologic disorders including primary immunodeficiency disorders.
Throughout his line of work, Dr. Hostoffer has written numerous scientific articles which have been published in scientific journals, and lectures on a frequent basis.
Among his most notable achievements include Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015), Patients’ Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016), On-Time Doctor Award (2015), Compassionate Doctor Award – 5 Year Honoree (2015), and Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015, 2016).
- What Is Asthma: Get the Facts
Asthma is a lung condition where the lung bronchioles constrict and get filled with mucus, narrowing the passage for air to pass through. It is a non-curable condition. However, the symptoms can be suppressed with proper medication, exercise (as prescribed by the doctor, or else, doing inappropriate...
- What Is Soy Lecithin: Is It Good for You?
What is soy lecithin?The term "soy lecithin" has been widely used across the market today as a food additive. People are often skeptical of the word “soy” in soy lecithin because of certain allergies associated soy. During the mid-19th century in France and in the year 1846, there was a French...
- Does the Treatment of Asthma Always Require an Inhaler?
Asthma is considered a common lung disorder in which inflammation causes the bronchi to swell and narrow the airways. Asthma is indiscriminant of any age group. It is a long term disease that has no cure but can be controlled by following the right dosage of medication, prescribed by a doctor or...
- Exercising Can Reduce Allergies
It is indeed a challenge to do outdoor exercises if you are an individual with allergies. Here are a few things to keep in mind when going for some exercise outdoors.Know the triggers for allergies“It is very important to know what you are allergic to”, says Michael Blaiss, MD, a past president...
- Is There a Link Between Asthma and Bronchitis?
Bronchitis and Asthma are both inflammatory conditions that affect lungs where a person’s airways swell up, causing them breathing problems.Asthma, also known as bronchial asthma, is characterized as a chronic condition in which a person’s airways become inflamed, narrow and swollen, and produce...
- Can My Diet Influence Eczema Flare-Ups?
There are a number of triggers that can cause eczema flare-ups. Most patients will identify these on their own and possibly take steps to avoid them. However, whether diet can cause eczema flare-ups is still a bone of contention.For a long time, it had been held as an unprofessional myth or...
- Dr. Cristine Radojicic MD9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Sarena Sawlani MD11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Peter Laufer MD3609 Park East Dr Beachwood OH 44122
- Dr. Susan R Abouhassan MD11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Mercedes E Arroliga M.D.9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Richard F Lavi M.D.8054 Darrow Rd Twinsburg OH 44087