Dr. Ivan J Fernandez-madrid MD
Orthopedist205 East 16th Street Suite M1b New York NY, 10003
Dr. Ivan Fernandez-madrid is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Fernandez-madrid specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Fernandez-madrid tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine 1995
SUNY Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn - Downstate Medical 1995
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1995
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Hip Replacement, Clavicle Fracture (broken Collarbone), Shoulder Replacement And More
- Torn Meniscus
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Abnormal Gait
- Member CANIDATE MEMBER-AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF ORTHOPEDIC SURGEONS
- Sports Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center, MI, 2001 2000
- Wayne State University Medical Center (Sports Medicine), Clinical Fellowships 2000
- Wayne State University Medical Center 2001
Dr. Ivan J Fernandez-madrid MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10003Get Direction
Dr. Ivan J Fernandez-madrid MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fernandez-madrid
- What are metatarsal bones?
The five long bones of the metatarsus of the foot are known as the metatarsals. Just as metacarpals of the hand are made of different components, similarly, metatarsals are made of different components such as a proximal base, shaft, and distal head. Arches of the foot are formed by the metatarsal...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Correcting Foot Deformities with Surgery
Research and Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disorder OutlookHow Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disorder Could Affect Some IndividualsAffecting those mostly between the ages of 18 to 60 according to The Mayo Clinic, this hereditary group of disorders can affect numerous stages of life. Although some therapies could be of...
- What Is a Charley Horse?
What is a charley horse?A charley horse is a term used when referring to a muscle cramp or spasm. Although muscle cramps can occur in any muscle in the body, they are commonly experienced in the leg. In a muscle spasm, the muscle uncontrollably contracts and does not relax. When the contracting...
- Symptoms or Signs of Arthritis
Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to humans. Arthritis can affect people and children of all ages. The pain and stiffness of the joints are serious symptoms indicating that the person may have some serious type of arthritis that needs urgent treatment. If the person delays the visit to...
- Diagnosis of Osteoporosis
It is important to get a diagnosis for osteoporosis as soon as you experience any of the symptoms associated with the condition. One should not prolong a visit with a doctor because the sooner the diagnosis, the sooner the individual will receive treatment.About 80% of your bone density is...
- Physical Activity Benefits Knees
Results from a new study contradict earlier reports that exercise may not be beneficial for the knees. According to the new study, there is no doubt that exercise improves knee cartilage and the overall knee health. The researchers do agree that exercise is linked with increased chances of bony...
- Dr. Steven Sheskier M. D.95 University Pl New York New York 10003
- Dr. Steven Arsht M.D.10 Union Square- East New York NY 10003
- Dr. Michael Neuwirth MD10 Union Square East New York New York 10003
- Dr. Alexander Golant M.D.301 E 17th St New York NY 10003
- Dr. Frank Johann Schwab MD303 2nd Avenue New York NY 10003
- Dr. Andrew M Casden MD10 Union Sq E New York NY 10003