Dr. Katie McElvaine is the optometrist of Springfield Family Vision in Springfield, Missouri. Dr. Katie is seventh generation Springfieldian and attended Glendale High School. She then went on to the ...
Education and Training
University of Missouri - St. Louis College of Optometry Doctor of Optometry 2011
- Vision Care
- Vision Problems, Eye Problems
- Vision Loss
- Vision Problems, Eye Problems, Low Vision
- Vision Therapy
- Eye Exam
- Eye Disorders
- Eye Exam, Diabetic Retinopathy
- Contact Lenses
- Contact Lenses, Low Vision
- MemberMissouri Optometric Association
- MemberGreater Ozarks Optometric Association
- MemberOcular Nutrition Society
- MemberJunior League of Springfield, MO
- MemberOzark Rotary Club
- MemberSpringfield Chamber of Commerce
- MemberOzark Chamber of Commerce
Experience & Accolades
- Optometrist2011 - 2015Vision Clinic
- Optometrist/Owner2015Springfield Family Vision
Dr. Katie Robertson Mcelvaine O.D.'s Practice location
Springfield, MO 65804Get Direction
SPRINGFIELD, MO 65804Get Direction
Dr. Katie Robertson Mcelvaine O.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- What to Expect After LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery is a corrective procedure that aims to rectify vision distortions that are caused by the changing curvature of the cornea and shifting length of the eyeball. The cornea is a transparent coating that bulges on the outside of the eyeball, and allows light to penetrate its surface at...
- How to Prevent Cataracts
When aging and physical injury affect the tissues that consist of your eye’s lens, cataracts develops.Some genetic disorders lead to different health challenges and enhance the risk of suffering cataracts. Other medical and eye conditions that can also cause cataracts are trauma, diabetes past eye...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Dr. Eli B Lemonier O.D.640 W Chestnut St Springfield MO 65806
- Dr. Bruce Allen Kater O.D.1229 E Seminole St Springfield MO 65804
- Dr. Lynn A Herndon O.D.3440 S National Ave Springfield MO 65807
- Dr. William R Chism O.D.1000 W Jackson St Ozark MO 65721
- Dr. James E. Bureman O.D.1531 E Bradford Pkwy Springfield MO 65804
- Dr. David M Pierce O.D.1426 E Bradford Pkwy Springfield MO 65804