Dr. Robert Weiss is a cardiologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Weiss specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Weiss also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1982
University of Michigan Medical School 1982
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai 1988
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Birth Defects
- Vascular Disease
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Cardiovascular Diseases; Fletcher Allen Hlth Care, Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, University Health Center, Burlington, VT
Robert M Weiss MD's Practice location
Robert M Weiss MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Digoxin and Common Brands
Generic Name: DigoxinBrand Names: Cardoxin, Lanoxin, Digitek, LanoxicapsWhat is digoxin?Digoxin is derived from the digitalis plant leaves. It helps in making the heartbeat stronger along with a more regular rhythm pattern. Digoxin is mostly used for treating individuals who suffer from heart...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- What are The Signs and Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?
What are The Signs and Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?Atrial fibrillation also called A-Fib is a condition of the heart which causes irregular heartbeats or arrhythmia. It causes abnormal vibrations in the atria chamber of the heart and also the ventricle chamber. In a healthy human heart, the...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Barry London MD200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City Iowa 52242
- Brian Olshansky MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Christopher John Berry MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Luis F. Couchonnal M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Michael C Giudici M. D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Paul D Lindower MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242