Dr. Robert Abramson practices Neurological Surgery in Augusta, GA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Abramson prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 1982
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Univ Of Al Hosp, Neurological Surgery; Univ Of Al Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Robert Coronna Abramson MD's Practice location
Augusta, GA 30907Get Direction
AUGUSTA, GA 30909Get Direction
Dr. Robert Coronna Abramson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Dr. Wayne Douglas Beveridge MD1348 Walton Way Augusta GA 30901
- Dr. Cole A. Giller M.D.3500 Gaston Ave Dallas TX 75246
- Dr. Douglas George Hughes M.D.1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912
- Dr. Ellen G Shaver M.D.840 Stevens Creek Rd Augusta GA 30907
- Dr. Fernando L. Vale MD12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd Tampa FL 33612
- Dr. Thomas Samuel Kaye MD2 Medical Center Drive Springfield MA 01199