Dr. Steven Idell MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease11937 Us Highway 271 Mckinney TX, 75069
Dr. Steven Idell practices Pulmonology in Mckinney, TX. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Idell manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Temple Univ Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
- Temple Univ Hosp, Pulmonary Diseases; Temple Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Steven Idell MD's Practice location
Dr. Steven Idell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Idell
- Fat-Soluble Vitamins Could Help Fight Cystic Fibrosis
Doctors and medical professionals in recent years have prescribed numerous antibiotics to cystic fibrosis patients in order to counteract Burkholderia cenocepacia, bacteria that are known to cause lung infections in those with cystic fibrosis.It has become apparent in recent years that these...
- A Mother Shares How She Stays Strong for her Child with Cystic Fibrosis
Any parent of a child with cystic fibrosis knows how difficult it can be to stay strong. Seeing a child suffer from a disease that is simply just unfair would be challenging for any parent.Kat is a mom of a girl who has cystic fibrosis. She shares how she stays strong to be the rock and support for...
- What is Acute Bronchitis?
What is Bronchitis?We often run under weather catching a flu or a cold that stays on for a couple of days to weeks, after which we normally get back to normal. However, sometimes even a small infection of cold or flu, could turn into a bronchitis infection causing much disturbance to your normal...
- Pleurisy vs. Bronchitis: Differences and Similarities
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy is a condition, in which the lining that surrounds the lungs and the interior of the chest cavity is inflamed. Due to the inflammation of the pleura, this condition is also called as pleuritis. The pleural space is the space between the lungs and the chest cavity wall....
- COPD Pathophysiology - How Do You Develop COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a chronic, progressive disease of the airways leading to irreversible air flow limitation. COPD encompasses two types of obstructive airway diseases:1. Chronic bronchitis – An obstruction of the airways2. Emphysema – An enlargement of air spaces...
- What is Tuberculosis?
Tuberculosis, or TB, is a bacterial infection that spreads by breathing droplets of sputum containing the infectious organism. It mainly affects the lungs but may also reach other parts of the body, like bones and nervous system, as the bacteria may spread through lymph nodes and the blood stream. A...
- Dr. Vickie Shannon M.D.1515 Holcombe Blvd. Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Garry W Lambert D.O.1050 Wellington Ave Grand Junction CO 81501
- Dr. Javier Barreda garcia M.D.114 Sawyer Cir Memphis TN 38103
- Dr. Tehmina Ahmed Badar M.D.7500 Beechnut St Houston TX 77074
- Dr. Akhil Bidani6410 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. James Patrick Herlihy M.D.6624 Fannin St Houston TX 77030