Dr. Sailaja Reddy, a.k.a Dr. Saila is a Functional Medicine physician over 25 years of experience as an internist, aims to heal patients through Functional medicine approach, a new model of Healthcare, that focuses on identifying the root cause of illness and treating your body as a whole system, rather than treating isolated set of symptoms. Dr. Saila does advanced diagnostic testing and tailor the treatment plans to patient’s specific needs. Dr. Saila is functional and integrative medicine specialist, is a founder of RootHealthMD in Framingham, MA, USA, her special interest is Gut Restoration for GI tract dysfunction which is the root cause of many chronic conditions. Dr. Saila is also weight management specialist, and applies functional approach to help successful weight loss. She completed her medical degree at S.V.Medical college in Tirupati, did her residency at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, in Brighton, MA, and received advanced training in Functional medicine, Obesity medicine, Integrative medicine and Culinary Medicine. She is a certified physician through the Institute of Functional Medicine. She attended lifestyle modification courses at Institute of Lifestyle Medicine, Harvard Medical School. She speaks in community gatherings and conducted health workshops in Massachusetts. She has a YouTube channel on Healthy cooking with nearly 4,000 following, and a Health and nutrition website drsaila.com with healthy recipes that attracted more than 90,000 followers on Facebook page. She published several articles in her website. She is the author of an eBook on weight loss, ‘Whittling away your waist’. She lives in Canton, MA, with her husband and two sons. Dr. Saila is a Nature-lover, enjoys her free time traveling, hiking, gardening, cooking, and reading. She lives by the Motto: “Health is what enables us to live life to the fullest"
Education and Training
Tufts University MD 1996
American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine
American Board of Obesity Medicine
Integrative Medicine (Physician Specialties)
Internal Medicine (Physician Specialties)
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- IFMCP Institute of Functional Medicine 2019 - Present
- ABoIM American Board of Integrative Medicine 2017 - Present
- CCMS Culinary Certified Medical Specialist 2018 - Present
- ABOM American Board of Obesity Medicine 2017 - Present
- Top Internist 2 Women in Medicine
- Outstanding Women of 2020 2 India New England News
- Academy of Integrative Health
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Institute of Functional Medicine
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI)
- Indian Medical Association fo New England (IMANE)
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Dr. Saila speaks in community gatherings and conducted health workshops in Massachusetts. She has a YouTube channel on Healthy cooking, and a Health and nutrition website drsaila.com
Dr. Sailaja K Reddy M.D's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Sailaja K Reddy M.D | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Sailaja K Reddy M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Reddy
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome: How to Treat Candida Overgrowth?
What is Candida?Candida is a form of yeast or fungus, which lives in the mouth or intestines. The main role of Candida, when in proper levels, is to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. However, when there is an overproduction of Candida, it breaks down the wall of the intestines and...
- How Long Can Sperm Live?
Introduction An average man ejaculates 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of semen. This small amount of semen contains millions of sperm cells. It only takes one sperm to fertilize an egg, but each sperm has a limited life span, which begins once it leaves a man's body.For a couple trying to have a baby,...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Treatment for Itchy Nipples
Itchy NipplesMany women will experience itchy nipples at some point in their lives. There are many factors that contribute to itchy nipples. Many of its causes are not serious, but it is also important not to ignore the symptoms.PregnancyItchy nipples can be due to hormonal changes, increased breast...
- What Could Pain on Top of the Foot Mean?
The foot comprises flexible structures of soft tissues, muscles, joints, and bones that enable us to stand, walk, and perform other daily movements. However, certain injuries and a number of health conditions can impair the balance and movement of the foot, causing pain and other problems.The pain...
- Tips on Living with IBS
Manage Your ConditionIt is not called the "irritable" bowel syndrome for nothing. IBS causes chronic pain and discomfort in the abdomen, as well as bloating and changes in bowel habits. These symptoms can cause physical and psychological discomforts. All things considered, there is no cure for IBS....
- Dr. Suzana Makowski M.D.119 Belmont St Worcester MA 01605
- Dr. Connie H. Chen MD16 HAYDEN AVE LEXINGTON MA 02421
- Hemangi Sane27 Lanark Road Brighton MA 2135
- Dr. Daniela Capriles M.D.131 Old Rd To 9 Acre Cor Concord MA 01742
- Dr. Jean S. Bonnet M.D.745 RIVER ST MATTAPAN MA 02126
- Dr. Barbara A. Stewart M.D.1400 Centre Street Newton Massachusetts 02459