Dr. Sailaja K Reddy M.D
Internist463 Worcester Rd Suite 103 Framingham MA, 01701
Dr. Sailaja Reddy, a.k.a Dr. Saila is a Functional Medicine physician over 25 years of experience as an internist, aims to heal patients through Functional medicine approach, a new model of Healthcare, that focuses on identifying the root cause of illness and treating your body as a whole system, rather than treating isolated set of symptoms. Dr. Saila does advanced diagnostic testing and tailor the treatment plans to patient’s specific needs. Dr. Saila is functional and integrative medicine specialist, is a founder of RootHealthMD in Framingham, MA, USA, her special interest is Gut Restoration for GI tract dysfunction which is the root cause of many chronic conditions. Dr. Saila is also weight management specialist, and applies functional approach to help successful weight loss. She completed her medical degree at S.V.Medical college in Tirupati, did her residency at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, in Brighton, MA, and received advanced training in Functional medicine, Obesity medicine, Integrative medicine and Culinary Medicine. She is a certified physician through the Institute of Functional Medicine. She attended lifestyle modification courses at Institute of Lifestyle Medicine, Harvard Medical School. She speaks in community gatherings and conducted health workshops in Massachusetts. She has a YouTube channel on Healthy cooking with nearly 4,000 following, and a Health and nutrition website drsaila.com with healthy recipes that attracted more than 90,000 followers on Facebook page. She published several articles in her website. She is the author of an eBook on weight loss, ‘Whittling away your waist’. She lives in Canton, MA, with her husband and two sons. Dr. Saila is a Nature-lover, enjoys her free time traveling, hiking, gardening, cooking, and reading. She lives by the Motto: “Health is what enables us to live life to the fullest"
Education and Training
Tufts University MD 1996
American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine
American Board of Obesity Medicine
Integrative Medicine (Physician Specialties)
Internal Medicine (Physician Specialties)
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- IFMCP Institute of Functional Medicine 2019 - Present
- ABoIM American Board of Integrative Medicine 2017 - Present
- CCMS Culinary Certified Medical Specialist 2018 - Present
- ABOM American Board of Obesity Medicine 2017 - Present
- Top Internist 2 Women in Medicine
- Outstanding Women of 2020 2 India New England News
- Academy of Integrative Health
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Institute of Functional Medicine
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI)
- Indian Medical Association fo New England (IMANE)
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Dr. Saila speaks in community gatherings and conducted health workshops in Massachusetts. She has a YouTube channel on Healthy cooking, and a Health and nutrition website drsaila.com
Areas of research
Functional Medicine, Integrative Medicine, Obesity Medicine
Dr. Sailaja K Reddy M.D's Practice location
Dr. Sailaja K Reddy M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Reddy
- Health Benefits of Magnesium Supplements
Magnesium plays a very important role in the smooth functioning of body processes. It has been observed that a deficiency in magnesium is considered to be one of the leading nutrient deficiencies among adults. In such cases, it is often a good idea to take magnesium supplements along with eating...
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- The Right Way to Use Your Treadmill
The treadmill is one of the most popular workout equipment in the country. Yet, many people find the treadmill to be a monotonous and ineffective piece of equipment for workout. Some still wonder how they can use this equipment in a very efficient way to improve health. Calorie burning can be...
- How to Stop a Cold From Spreading
Colds can be stressful, uncomfortable and troublesome. To add to the woes, it spreads soon from one person to another in the family. It can disrupt the normal routines for almost a week with missed school or work, and sleepless nights.How do you control the virus from spreading to everyone in your...
- What Are BCAAs?
What are BCAAs?The term BCAA is short for branched-chain amino acid. The human body is made up of different proteins, which contain amino acids. There are 20 amino acids and nine of them are considered essential amino acids, which you can get through your diet because your body cannot make...
- What Are Lymphocytes? Low, Normal, and High Lymphocyte Counts
Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell produced in the bone marrow. A few lymphocytes enter the bloodstream while some move into the lymphatic system. Having a low or high lymphocyte count can help identify a person's medical condition. Normal lymphocyte counts usually vary from one laboratory...
- Dr. Suzana Makowski M.D.119 Belmont St Worcester MA 01605
- Pablo Rengifo-Moreno M.D.736 Cambridge St Brighton MA 02135
- Dr. Connie H. Chen MD16 HAYDEN AVE LEXINGTON MA 02421
- Hemangi Sane27 Lanark Road Brighton MA 2135
- Dr. Daniela Capriles M.D.131 Old Rd To 9 Acre Cor Concord MA 01742
- Dr. Jean S. Bonnet M.D.745 RIVER ST MATTAPAN MA 02126