Dr. Sailaja K Reddy M.D
Internist463 Worcester Rd Suite 103 Framingham MA, 01701
Dr. Sailaja Reddy, a.k.a Dr. Saila is a Functional Medicine physician over 25 years of experience as an internist, aims to heal patients through Functional medicine approach, a new model of Healthcare, that focuses on identifying the root cause of illness and treating your body as a whole system, rather than treating isolated set of symptoms. Dr. Saila does advanced diagnostic testing and tailor the treatment plans to patient’s specific needs. Dr. Saila is functional and integrative medicine specialist, is a founder of RootHealthMD in Framingham, MA, USA, her special interest is Gut Restoration for GI tract dysfunction which is the root cause of many chronic conditions. Dr. Saila is also weight management specialist, and applies functional approach to help successful weight loss. She completed her medical degree at S.V.Medical college in Tirupati, did her residency at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, in Brighton, MA, and received advanced training in Functional medicine, Obesity medicine, Integrative medicine and Culinary Medicine. She is a certified physician through the Institute of Functional Medicine. She attended lifestyle modification courses at Institute of Lifestyle Medicine, Harvard Medical School. She speaks in community gatherings and conducted health workshops in Massachusetts. She has a YouTube channel on Healthy cooking with nearly 4,000 following, and a Health and nutrition website drsaila.com with healthy recipes that attracted more than 90,000 followers on Facebook page. She published several articles in her website. She is the author of an eBook on weight loss, ‘Whittling away your waist’. She lives in Canton, MA, with her husband and two sons. Dr. Saila is a Nature-lover, enjoys her free time traveling, hiking, gardening, cooking, and reading. She lives by the Motto: “Health is what enables us to live life to the fullest"
Education and Training
Tufts University MD 1996
American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine
American Board of Obesity Medicine
Integrative Medicine (Physician Specialties)
Internal Medicine (Physician Specialties)
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- IFMCP Institute of Functional Medicine 2019 - Present
- ABoIM American Board of Integrative Medicine 2017 - Present
- CCMS Culinary Certified Medical Specialist 2018 - Present
- ABOM American Board of Obesity Medicine 2017 - Present
- Top Internist 2 Women in Medicine
- Outstanding Women of 2020 2 India New England News
- Academy of Integrative Health
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Institute of Functional Medicine
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI)
- Indian Medical Association fo New England (IMANE)
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Dr. Saila speaks in community gatherings and conducted health workshops in Massachusetts. She has a YouTube channel on Healthy cooking, and a Health and nutrition website drsaila.com
Areas of research
Functional Medicine, Integrative Medicine, Obesity Medicine
Dr. Sailaja K Reddy M.D's Practice location
Framingham, MA 01701Get Direction
Dr. Sailaja K Reddy M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Reddy
- Should I Take a Folic Acid Supplement?
Formerly known as folacin, folate is the generic term for both folate and folic acid. It is a B vitamin, which is important for the growth and metabolism of cells. Studies have shown that many people do not get enough folic acid from diet alone.Why do people take folic acid supplements?For pregnant...
- Are Creatine Supplements Necessary?
Creatine, the popular chemical among athletes for enhanced performance, can be obtained from any normal diet. This chemical is also manufactured naturally in the body, and it can help create energy from the food an individual consumes. Although it is a popular choice among athletes, there is no...
- Reduce Stress to Control Your Hot Flashes
A new study revealed that hot flashes and night sweats caused by menopause can be maintained with stress exercises. Women opted for training in mindfulness-based stress reduction were not affected by night sweats and hot flashes. The results of the study published in the journal, Menopause: The...
- What is Interstitial Cystitis?
Interstitial cystitis, also known as painful bladder syndrome, is a chronic condition of the urinary bladder that causes extreme pain and discomfort. It mostly affects women, but may be seen in men as well. Interstitial cystitis often causes mild to severe pain in and around the pelvic area....
- What Are Roundworms?
What are roundworms?Roundworms are a type of parasitic worms that infect the human intestine. Roundworms may vary and size and have a characteristic long, round body. These parasitic worms can cause a number of health problems in humans. They can enter the human body through the mouth and direct...
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- Dr. Suzana Makowski M.D.119 Belmont St Worcester MA 01605
- Pablo Rengifo-Moreno M.D.736 Cambridge St Brighton MA 02135
- Dr. Connie H. Chen MD16 HAYDEN AVE LEXINGTON MA 02421
- Hemangi Sane27 Lanark Road Brighton MA 2135
- Daniela Capriles M.D.131 Old Rd To 9 Acre Cor Concord MA 01742
- Yazan Daaboul M.D.800 Washington St Boston MA 02111