Dr. Matthew W. Smith M.D.
Infectious Disease Specialist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Infectious Diseases1919 E Thomas Rd Infection Control Phoenix AZ, 85016
Dr. Matthew Smith is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Smith specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Education and Training
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine, Uams, University Of Arkansas For Me MD
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine 1996
- Kawasaki Disease
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
Dr. Matthew W. Smith M.D.'s Practice location
Phoenix, AZ 85016Get Direction
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- How Do I Protect My Baby From Mumps?
How do I protect my baby from mumps?The virus of mumps is an airborne virus, which means that it spreads quickly between children and adults unless they have been vaccinated. Mumps is a common childhood illness. Your baby is protected from mumps when he/she has already has this infection or has been...
- Is the MMR Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
It is natural to be concerned about whether immunization is safe for your child or not. However, doctors recommend getting children immunized because vaccines are thoroughly checked before they are licensed for use. The measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine is the most effective way to protect...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- Home Remedies for Chickenpox
What can relieve the itching sensation if my child has chickenpox?...
- Dr. Wassim Ballan MD1919 E THOMAS RD PHOENIX AZ 85016
- Dr. Karen Lewis MD150 N 18TH AVE PHOENIX AZ 85007
- Dr. Joseph Benjamin Cantey M.D.1845 S Dobson Rd Mesa AZ 85202
- Dr. Gholamabbas Amin Ostovar MD2601 E Roosevelt St Phoenix AZ 85008
- Dr. Carly Rae Davis M.D.2525 E Roosevelt St Phoenix AZ 85008
- Dr. Joseph Nania MD1919 E THOMAS RD PHOENIX AZ 85016