Dr. Joseph Guise is a psychiatrist practicing in Little Rock, AR. Dr. Guise is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Guise diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Guise may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Guise treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Ar Coll of Med, Little Rock Ar 1990
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine 1990
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Forensic Psychiatry
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Univ Of Ar Coll Of Med, Psychiatry
- University Of Ar College Of Med
Dr. Joseph Guise MD's Practice location
Little Rock, AR 72205Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Guise MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Know if Your Child Has ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of those complex mental disorders that can negatively affect a child’s success in education and the relationship with other children. ADHD symptoms usually vary and are sometimes hard to be recognized since most children will exhibit them at...
- Top 7 Depression Myths and Misconceptions Debunked
Depression is one of the most common mental illnesses experienced by people, and just like any other illness, this condition is also accompanied by certain myths and misconceptions. These are the most common myths surrounding depression today....
- Do I Have Insomnia?
Definition:Insomnia is a condition in which someone finds it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep for an amount of time that enables them to feel well-rested the following day. This condition is common among the elderly and is said to affect one in three people on average. Signs and Symptoms:...
- Is ADHD More Common Among Boys or Girls?
Why are boys diagnosed with ADHD more often?Despite both genders being at equal risk, boys tend to be diagnosed more often because the symptoms they display due to the illness are more obvious and easily spotted. Boys display externalized symptoms, such as running around a little too much or...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- What Causes ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurological/behavioral disorder that affects a person's ability to control one's behavior. The real cause of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is unknown, although numerous factors are thought to be responsible. GeneticsPeople...
- Dr. Thomas Christian Stinnett M.D.5 Saint Vincent Cir Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Constance Crisp MD307 E Sevier St Benton AR 72015
- Dr. Richard Allen Owings M.D. P.H.D.9601 Lile Dr Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Patricia Lynne Allred M.D.11001 EXECUTIVE CENTER DR LITTLE ROCK AR 72211
- Dr. James O Davis M.D.4 EXECUTIVE CENTER CT LITTLE ROCK AR 72211
- Dr. Jody Peebles M.D.2200 Fort Roots Dr North Little Rock AR 72114