Dr. Donald Maddox practices Emergency Medicine in Greenwood, SC. Dr. Maddox assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Maddox examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Ga Sch of Med, Augusta Ga 1994
Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University 1994
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, Emergency Medicine; Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, Internal Medicine
- Medical College of Georgia Program
Dr. Donald Jerome Maddox M.D.'s Practice location
Greenwood, SC 29646Get Direction
Dr. Donald Jerome Maddox M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Maddox
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Dr. Richard D Brooksbank MDEmergency Medicine Dept - 3 Medical Park Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Richard Graham M.D.1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203
- Dr. John P Short DO2900 1st Ave Huntington WV 25702
- Dr. James Bruce Cook MD1325 Spring St Greenwood SC 29646
- Dr. Stephen Richard Schwab MD2720 Sunset Blvd West Columbia SC 29169
- Dr. Michelle Maria Curry M.D.1325 Spring St Greenwood SC 29646