Dr. Edgar Hicks is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Eau Claire, WI. Dr. Hicks specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Hicks tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1973
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1973
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Torn Meniscus
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Broken Ankle
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Orthopedic Surgery; Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, General Surgery
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
Dr. Edgar O Hicks M.D.'s Practice location
EAU CLAIRE, WI 54703Get Direction
Dr. Edgar O Hicks M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- Analgesic Drugs for Fibromyalgia
IntroductionThe main symptoms of fibromyalgia usually include muscle pain, stiffness in the morning after waking up, and painful tender points in various parts of the body. Other symptoms would include anxiety, depression, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), painful menstrual cramps, tingling...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- How Long Does a Knee Replacement Last?
A knee replacement surgery provides relief for approximately 90 percent of people who are suffering from pain due to knee problems. Most knee replacement procedures are done for the treatment of osteoarthritis. With proper care, your knee implant can last for as long as 20 years. The technology...
- Alternative Treatments For Bursitis
Alternative Treatment for BursitisBursitis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain in bursa tissue, which is tissue found around the bones, joints, muscles, and tendons. Since bursitis is a condition that affects a person any time of the day, it is important to know some of its alternative...
- Is Your Child at Risk of Osgood-Schlatter Disease?
Our body is a machine and any wear and tear occurring in any of the parts of the body can impair overall body functioning. One of the common types of pain felt by a number of people is pain associated with the knees. There are various forms and causes that could be related to knee pains, one of them...
- Dr. Thomas Andrew Israel MD1400 Bellinger St Eau Claire WI 54703
- Dr. Nathaniel James Stewart M.D.1200 OAKLEAF WAY ALTOONA WI 54720
- Dr. Brent Dixon Carlson MD1200 OAKLEAF WAY ALTOONA WI 54720
- Dr. Wallace B Brucker MD2116 Craig Road Eau Claire WI 54701
- Dr. Rusty Christopher Brand M.D.1400 Bellinger Street Eau Claire WI 54702
- Dr. John Russell Lindstrom MD2116 Craig Rd Eau Claire WI 54701