Charles S Hoag M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease1250 Forest Ave Portland ME, 04103
Dr. Charles Hoag is a cardiologist practicing in Portland, ME. Dr. Hoag specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Hoag also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Philadelphia Coll of Osteo Med, Philadelphia Pa 1975
PHILADELPHIA COLL OF OSTEO MED 1975
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 1975
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Albert Einstein Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases Usphs Hospital, Internal Medicine Usphs Hospital, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Albert Einstein Med Ctr-Cardiovascular Diseases
- Jacobi Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine Program
Charles S Hoag M.D.'s Practice location
Charles S Hoag M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hoag
- Overweight Children Are Likely to Have High Blood Pressure
A new study published in the journal, Hypertension, shows that a child who is overweight is at risk of high blood pressure, three times more than an average weight child. In this study 1,111 children were followed up for an average of four years. Height weight and blood pressure of the...
- What Are The Risks For Atrial Fibrillation Surgery?
What Are The Risks For Atrial Fibrillation Surgery?Atrial fibrillation or A – Fib is an infection that causes abnormal heartbeat rhythms. As a result of this, the heart beating is not normal. Due to this abnormal heart beat, arrhythmia’s (Fast or Slow heartbeat) may develop. The most affected...
- Ten Potential “Heartbreakers”
Although heredity and age can contribute to the demise of a healthy heart, there are still some precautions you can take to prevent heart disease. Some precautions include:1. SmokingSmoking has a profound effect on an individual's blood pressure, and it can also cause blood clots. A smoker may also...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- Ovary Removal Does Not Raise Your Risk for Heart Disease
A review of data from a major women’s health study failed to find a significant association between ovary removal during a hysterectomy and an increased risk of heart disease. This is in contrast to the results published from another large study that reported that the risk of heart disease...
- Health Reasons That Can Make a Person Pass Out
Causes of Fainting A person faints or loses consciousness for a brief time when the brain does not get enough oxygen. Fainting or passing out is also medically called syncope. Before fainting, people may experience lightheadedness, dizziness, weakness, and nausea. Others describe fainting as...
- Lowell Ian Gerber MD174 S Freeport Rd Freeport ME 04032
- Paul D. Mcgrath MD100 Foden Road East South Portland ME 04106
- Howard B Sherman M.D.9 Healthcare Drive Biddeford ME 04005
- James B. Powers M.D.96 CAMPUS DRIVE SCARBOROUGH ME 04074
- Enrique J Rivas MD119 Gannett Dr South Portland ME 04106
- Douglas B Sawyer MD22 BRAMHALL STREET PORTLAND ME 04102