Dr. Martin G Cherniack MD
Preventative Medicine Specialist | Preventive Medicine/Occupational Environmental Medicine263 Farmington Ave Farmington CT, 06030
Martin Cherniack is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Farmington, CT. Cherniack specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Cherniack participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Stanford Univ Sch Of Med- Stanford Ca 1980
Stanford University School of Medicine 1980
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Diseases of unusual occupations: an historical perspective.
- A cross sectional epidemiological survey of shipyard workers exposed to hand-arm vibration.
- Musculoskeletal disease and disability in dentists.
- Raynaud's phenomenon of occupational origin.
- Historical perspectives in occupational medicine. Pancoast and the image of silicosis.
- Antisocial personality disorder is associated with receipt of physical disability benefits in substance abuse treatment patients.
- Engaging in job-related activities is associated with reductions in employment problems and improvements in quality of life in substance abusing patients.
- Detailed clinical assessment of neurological function in symptomatic shipyard workers.
- Occupational medicine. (2)
- Occupational medicine (1).
- Toxicological screening for organophosphorus-induced delayed neurotoxicity: complications in toxicity testing.
- Musculoskeletal disorder symptoms in correction officers: why do they increase rapidly with job tenure?
- Demographic, health-related, and work-related factors associated with body mass index and body fat percentage among workers at six Connecticut manufacturing companies across different age groups: a cohort study.
- Cardiovascular and stress responses to short-term noise exposures-A panel study in healthy males.
- Process evaluation of two participatory approaches: Implementing total worker health® interventions in a correctional workforce.
- Univ Ca Irvine Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- UC Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Martin G Cherniack MD's Practice location
Farmington, CT 06030Get Direction
Dr. Martin G Cherniack MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cherniack
- Occupational Therapy vs. Physical Therapy
Therapy is synonymous with treatment, which means that it is a course of action taken to correct a particular health problem. As with other fields, there are different approaches to therapy such as occupational and physical therapy. They are both recognized professions and the practitioners must be...
- When Should I See a Doctor if I have Back Pain?
Physical pain brought about by back pain can sometimes be unbearable making sitting, standing or walking a painful activity to undertake. Other aspects of your life might be affected too, such as sleep or your overall mood. Your daily life activities like study or work can also be affected resulting...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- Why Is the Cause of Multiple Sclerosis Unknown?
It is a challenging experience for a doctor to break the news of the disease to a patient suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) as the cause of the disease is unknown.Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks its tissues. It is a progressive neurological disorder....
- What is Apraxia?
Apraxia is a neurological condition in which the affected person may not be able to perform a particular movement when they want to. This is true even when the movement is learned. In some cases, mild symptoms are seen and this condition is referred to as dyspraxia. There are different types of...
- Alternative Treatments for Autism
Many parents of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, prefer to consider alternative treatments to help improve overall health and behavioral problems.The effectiveness and safety of all alternative treatments has not been fully researched. Every treatment therefore will not work...
- Delythe Lowry-Charles AMNCB 82292PoBox 1177 Cheshire CT 06410
- Dr. Jay R Poliner M.D.265 Ellington Rd East Hartford CT 06108
- Dr. David P Feinstein M.D.701 Main St East Hartford CT 06108
- Dr. James J Petrelli M.D.2928 MAIN ST GLASTONBURY CT 06033
- Dr. Jonathan Mittelman MD534 Saybrook Rd Middletown CT 06457
- Dr. Kent I Stahl MD1025 Silas Deane Hwy Wethersfield CT 06109