Dr. Xiang Dong is a surgical oncologist practicing in Stamford, CT. Dr. Dong specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
- Fatigue crack propagation path across the dentinoenamel junction complex in human teeth.
- Stress distribution and failure mode of dental ceramic structures under Hertzian indentation.
- MRS assessment of glutamate clearance in a novel masticatory muscle pain model.
- Sensitivity of rat temporalis muscle afferent fibers to peripheral N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor activation.
- MicroRNA-34a inhibits uveal melanoma cell proliferation and migration through downregulation of c-Met.
- MicroRNA-1/206 targets c-Met and inhibits rhabdomyosarcoma development.
- GPR48-Induced keratinocyte proliferation occurs through HB-EGF mediated EGFR transactivation.
- Epigenetics, microRNAs, and carcinogenesis: functional role of microRNA-137 in uveal melanoma.
- Jejunal diverticular disease complicated by enteroliths: Report of two different presentations.
- Double contrast-enhanced ultrasonography for the preoperative evaluation of gastric cancer: a comparison to endoscopic ultrasonography with respect to histopathology.
- Role of microRNA-182 in posterior uveal melanoma: regulation of tumor development through MITF, BCL2 and cyclin D2.
- MicroRNA-124a is epigenetically regulated and acts as a tumor suppressor by controlling multiple targets in uveal melanoma.
- Isolated peritoneal carcinomatosis from gastrointestinal tract carcinoid tumor: two case reports and a review of the literature.
- Inhibitory effect of microRNA-34a on retinal pigment epithelial cell proliferation and migration.
- Glutamate dysregulation in the trigeminal ganglion: a novel mechanism for peripheral sensitization of the craniofacial region.
- Yale New Haven Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Xiang Da Dong MD's Practice location
Stamford, CT 06902Get Direction
VALHALLA, NY 10595Get Direction
Dr. Xiang Da Dong MD's reviewsWrite Review
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
IntroductionLike any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- Pink Chair Project Celebrates Survivors of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women, with the exception of skin cancers. It is also the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there are over 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States,...
- Melanoma: Get the Facts
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that develops in the melanocytes, which are the cells that determine your skin color because of the melanin pigment. Melanoma has the ability to develop in various parts of the body including the eyes, nails, mouth, as well as some internal organs such as the...