Dr. James Roy practices Sleep Medicine in Huntsville, AL. Dr. Roy studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Eastern Virginia Medical School 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Sleep Medicine
- A reassessment of ground water flow conditions and specific yield at Borden and Cape Cod.
- Multiphase flow and transport caused by spontaneous gas phase growth in the presence of dense non-aqueous phase liquid.
- Trans-sodium crocetinate and hemorrhagic shock.
- Proactive screening approach for detecting groundwater contaminants along urban streams at the reach-scale.
- Toxic groundwater contaminants: an overlooked contributor to urban stream syndrome?
- Changes in entrapped gas content and hydraulic conductivity with pressure.
- Artificial sweeteners as potential tracers of municipal landfill leachate.
- Elevated dissolved phosphorus in riparian groundwater along gaining urban streams.
- Patterns of entrapped air dissolution in a two-dimensional pilot-scale synthetic aquifer.
- Assessing potential toxicity of chloride-affected groundwater discharging to an urban stream using juvenile freshwater mussels (Lampsilis siliquoidea).
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
Dr. James William Roy M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Huntsville, AL 35802Get Direction
Dr. James William Roy M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Child Stops Breathing 27 Times an Hour Due to Sleep Apnea
It is during a child’s earliest years where much of their development takes place. During this time, they learn through their own observations, develop their social and mental skills, and figure out their own independence. However, some children do not have it so easy, especially for Mia Amdur,...
- Can Children Suffer from Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a very common sleep disorder that can affect any individual at any age, even children. It is typically caused by something that blocks the airway, thus leading to abnormal breathing while asleep. If your child snores loudly or displays other symptoms such as breathing difficulties...
- Researchers Developing a New Test for Childhood Sleep Apnea
Although sleep apnea is a common issue in American population, the condition defined as the repeated interruption of breathing during the sleep time is not so frequently found in children. However, taking into account how obesity levels in children have increased during the last decade, and keeping...
- Night Terrors in Children
What are night terrors?Night terrors are a common occurrence seen in children between 3 to 12 years old. It is a sleep disorder, which tends to peak when the child is three and a half years old. Sleep is divided into two categories:...
- The Innovative Method to Detect Children’s Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea has, for the longest time, been one of the leading causes of sleep deprival and complications with the sleep cycle of anyone who suffers from it. As said as much before, but this condition, which can equally affect persons of any gender, manifests itself as periods during sleep where the...
- Behavioral Therapy to Improve Children’s Sleep Apnea
Everyone loves a good night's sleep. Getting lots of rest during the night and waking up in the morning feeling refreshed and energized is a feeling that few things can surpass. However, more than an activity you simply partake in, getting a good night’s rest, according to Kim Cahill, RN, MSN,...