Dr. Scott Lewis Schissel MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease133 Brookline Ave Fl 5 Boston MA, 02215
Dr. Scott Schissel practices Pulmonology in Boston, MA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Schissel manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
- Telomerase, myofibroblasts, and pulmonary fibrosis.
- Ischemic brain slice glucose utilization: effects of slice thickness, acidosis, and K+.
- Effect and cellular site of action of cysteine protease inhibitors on the cholesterol esterification pathway in macrophages and Chinese hamster ovary cells.
- A population of SCP-containing neurons in the buccal ganglion of Aplysia are radula mechanoafferents and receive excitation of central origin.
- The distal pathway of lipoprotein-induced cholesterol esterification, but not sphingomyelinase-induced cholesterol esterification, is energy-dependent.
- Zn2+-stimulated sphingomyelinase is secreted by many cell types and is a product of the acid sphingomyelinase gene.
- Increased sphingomyelin content of plasma lipoproteins in apolipoprotein E knockout mice reflects combined production and catabolic defects and enhances reactivity with mammalian sphingomyelinase.
- The cellular trafficking and zinc dependence of secretory and lysosomal sphingomyelinase, two products of the acid sphingomyelinase gene.
Dr. Scott Lewis Schissel MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02215Get Direction
Dr. Scott Lewis Schissel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schissel
- Antibiotics May Not Alleviate the Symptoms of Sinusitis
A recent study has shown that antibiotics like amoxicillin are not very effective in controlling the symptoms of sinusitis, which is the infection of sinuses and the nasal passages. The study was conducted on 166 participants and the results are published in the journal of the American Medical...
- What Can Cause Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)?
Shortness of breath is defined as the feeling of inability to breathe normally, hence producing a troublesome sensation. Such breathlessness is a distinct issue in every affected individual. Typically, if in an event of modest labor or any unexpected situation leads to a shortness of breath, it is...
- What #break40 Means to Patients Living with Cystic Fibrosis
2-year-old James Alexander Cargal is a bubbly and energetic little boy who enjoys singing, dancing, and playing with his dogs. But he is also a fighter. James was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at just three weeks old. CF is a genetic disease that mostly affects the lungs, triggering persistent lung...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- All about Bronchitis: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Diagnosis
What is Bronchitis?Bronchitis is a pulmonary disorder that occurs due to inflammation of airway lining of the lungs, resulting in respiratory distress. Bronchitis is often characterized by cough that produces thick mucus (phlegm) often yellowish-green in color, indicating an underlying infection. ...
- What is Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome?
Acute respiratory distress syndrome, or ARDS, the malignant inflammation of the lungs, and develops as a response to an infection or infection. Recently, our understanding of the pathophysiology of this condition has improved a lot and has led to better medical interventions. Since this is one of...
- Dr. Martin F. Joyce-Brady MD Boston Massachusetts 02118
- Dr. Jessica Brenna Mccannon MDMassachusetts General Hospital Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Erik Eduardo Folch MD, MSC185 Pilgrim Rd Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Peter M Barkin MD131 Ornac Concord MA 01742
- Dr. Maya Berdzenishvili M.D.1575 Cambridge St Cambridge MA 02138
- Dr. Melissa Hoffman Tukey MD725 Albany St Boston MA 02118