Dr. John P. Whitecar Jr., MD, FACP, FACMQ
Doctor425 Hospital Dr Suite 4 Columbus MS, 39705
Dr. John P. Whitecar Jr., MD, FACP, FACMQ is a top Doctor in Columbus, MS. With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to their specialty, Dr. John P. Whitecar Jr., MD, FACP, FACMQ is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better. Through their designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. John P. Whitecar Jr., MD, FACP, FACMQ is a prime example of a true leader in health care. As a leader and expert in their field, Dr. John P. Whitecar Jr., MD, FACP, FACMQ is passionate about enhancing patient quality of life. They embody the values of communication, safety, and trust when dealing directly with patients. In Columbus, MS, Dr. John P. Whitecar Jr., MD, FACP, FACMQ is a true asset to their field and dedicated to the profession of medicine.
Education and Training
Thomas Jefferson University Jefferson Medical College MD
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1964
Dr. John P. Whitecar Jr., MD, FACP, FACMQ's Expert Contributions
Yes READ MORE
Yes READ MORE
Some are and some are not. Many anemias are genetically driven such as sickle cell disease (Hgb S), Hgb C disease, thallasemmia, G6PD deficiency, and many others. Many bleeding disorders are genetic: von Willebrands disease, Factor V Leiden, Prothrombin mutation, antithrombin III disease, Glanzman's thrombasthenia, and others. Fewer white blood cell disorders are genetic. READ MORE
Yes they are, but they are life saving and need to be taken specifically as prescribed and should report any adverse affects to your doctor. As with any medication you must balance the risks against the benefits. Blood thinners are used in high risk conditions, but provide great benefits. READ MORE
It would be life threatening not to have a colon resection. My wife had a colon cancer 8 years ago and her life was saved by having a colon resection. READ MORE
Yes. More adults get leukemia than children. At your age the risks are very low. There are acute leukemias which are less frequent and more lethal; and chronic leukemias which are more common and less dangerous. The acute leukemias occur at all age ranges, but the chronics occur as we age. READ MORE
Eliquis although if you have mechanical heart valve you must use warfarin READ MORE
Certainly it is at least partially responsible, but chemotherapy itself could be a contributing factor. READ MORE
It depends. There is a familial incidence in some forms of hematologic malignancies, but not all. READ MORE
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Carbenicillin therapy for pseudomonas infections.
- L-asparagine requirement and the effect of L-asparaginase on the normal and leukemic human bone marrow.
- Pharmacology of 6-thioguanine in man.
- Recurrent pneumococcal meningitis. A review of the literature and studies on a patient who recovered from eleven attacks caused by five serotypes of Diplococcus pneumoniae.
- Clinical studies of beta-thioguanine deoxyriboside alone and in combination with arabinosyl cytosine.
- A study of intermittent alternating drug program reinduction therapy on the frequency and duration of response in adult acute leukemia.
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Oral Surgery Procedures
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Dr. John P. Whitecar Jr., MD, FACP, FACMQ's Practice location
Columbus, MS 39705Get Direction
Columbus, MS 39705Get Direction
Dr. John P. Whitecar Jr., MD, FACP, FACMQ's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Whitecar Jr.
- Stem Cell Therapy Puts 4-year-old's Ultra Rare Lymphoma in Remission
4-year-old Jovon Moss was diagnosed with X-linked Lymphoproliferative Syndrome, a rare disorder of the immune system that led him to being taken back and forth to the hospital since his 3rd birthday.Jovon’s journey began in September of last year, when his mother, Brittany Fluellen, first began to...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- Roles of the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) is a nonprofit, cancer advocacy organization that is located just outside of Washington D.C. To date, it is the oldest survivor-led cancer advocacy organization in the United States.The NCCS represents millions of Americans who share a common...
- Stanford University's Linebacker Ryan Beecher Must Now Tackle Lymphoma
There's no doubt that Ryan Beecher is strong. If you want just watch one Stanford University football game, you'll see that and then some. However, he is now going to have to use a different type of strength in his battle against lymphoma.Ryan's storyWhile many had been following Ryan Beecher before...
- How to Show Social Support for Lymphoma
A cancer diagnosis can shake an individual’s world, and not just the physical aspects of their world, but all corners of it. Although cancer attacks the body, it necessarily also affects a person’s mental and emotional state, and it can have an impact on other people close to the affected...
- Nurse Donates Breast Milk for Lymphoma Patient's Baby
Ashley Chestnut, a mother of two children from La Vista, Nebraska, was breastfeeding her 5-month-year-old son Easton when she began to experience a sharp and sudden pain in her shoulder and chest. “All of a sudden a sharp pain in my shoulder and chest, it was like hitting a freight train. It was...
- Dr. Samuel A Johnson MD600 Leigh Dr Columbus MS 39705
- Dr. James S Rawson MD600 Leigh Dr Columbus MS 39705
- Dr. Alan T Williams MD600 Leigh Dr Columbus MS 39705
- Michael A Buehler MD2520 5th St N Columbus MS 39705
- Mark L. Ellis MD2520 5th St N Columbus MS 39705
- Dr. Timothy Usey M.D.2520 5TH ST N COLUMBUS MS 39705