Dr. Kathryn J. Swoboda MD
Neurologist | Clinical Neurophysiology50 N Medical Dr Room 3r210 School Of Salt Lake City UT, 84132
Dr. Kathryn Swoboda practices Neuropathology in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Swoboda studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Medical GeneticsAmerican Board of Medical GeneticsABMG
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Sources and physiological significance of plasma dopamine sulfate.
- Mutations in the skeletal muscle alpha-actin gene in patients with actin myopathy and nemaline myopathy.
- Clinical and genetic heterogeneity in autosomal recessive nemaline myopathy.
- Two new genes from the human ATP-binding cassette transporter superfamily, ABCC11 and ABCC12, tandemly duplicated on chromosome 16q12.
- Motor unit number estimation in infants and children with spinal muscular atrophy.
- Diagnosis and treatment of neurotransmitter-related disorders.
- An infant with primary tooth loss and palmar hyperkeratosis: a novel mutation in the NTRK1 gene causing congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis.
- Homozygous SMN1 deletions in unaffected family members and modification of the phenotype by SMN2.
- Clinical evaluation of idiopathic paroxysmal kinesigenic dyskinesia: new diagnostic criteria.
- 134th ENMC International Workshop: Outcome Measures and Treatment of Spinal Muscular Atrophy, 11-13 February 2005, Naarden, The Netherlands.
- An unusual pathologic feature associated with dermatomyositis.
- A modified Hammersmith functional motor scale for use in multi-center research on spinal muscular atrophy.
- A new distal arthrogryposis syndrome characterized by plantar flexion contractures.
- Preclinical validation of a multiplex real-time assay to quantify SMN mRNA in patients with SMA.
- Spinal muscular atrophy genetic counseling access and genetic knowledge: parents' perspectives.
Dr. Kathryn J. Swoboda MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84132Get Direction
BOSTON, MA 02114Get Direction
Dr. Kathryn J. Swoboda MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Swoboda
- Parkinson's Disease and Alzheimer's Disease Similarities Lead to Potential Drug Discovery
For many years scientists and doctors have been constantly spotting the similarities between Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Both conditions attack neurons directly, one focuses more on the processes related to movement and the other on the cognitive part, affecting memory and mental...
- Town Rallies for Boy Who Suffers with Muscular Dystrophy
Christian Dunn is a 2-year-old with a rare form of congenital muscular dystrophy called Congenital LMNA muscular dystrophy. Christian’s muscular dystrophy weakens his muscles as time progresses. He is unable to sit unassisted, Christian can’t stand, and he will never walk. ...
- Soon Lab Grown Muscle Fibers May Help in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is one of the most common forms of inherited dystrophies today. It touches mainly young boys, and the majority of those with DMD become wheelchair ridden by their teenage years, and most would not expect to live into their 30's. Currently, there is not an effective...
- Alternative Treatments for Stroke
Knowing about the treatment and care of stroke victims is important. When a victim shows stroke-like signs and symptoms, a neurologist must confirm the symptoms as well as identify the type of stroke the victim is suffering from, the affected areas, and the level of damage. This will help in...
- The History of Parkinson's Disease
The understanding of Parkinson’s disease has evolved over the years. Techniques and methods used for treatment have greatly improved over time. Parkinson’s disease is far from a new illness. In fact, this disease, and its various treatment methods, go back thousands of years.The possible...
- Dr. Dustin Brook Harker MDUniversity Of Utah Department Of Neurology Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Jayson Andreau Neil M.D.50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Victoria Heather Lawson MD50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Pegah Afra M.D.Department Of Neurology Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Clint Reid Nelson M.D.50 Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. John Edward Greenlee M.D.Clinical Neuroscience Ctr Salt Lake City UT 84132