Michael R. Barlow M.D.
Anesthesiologist2010 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Birmingham AL, 35209
Dr. Michael Barlow is an anesthesiologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Barlow ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Barlow also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
University of Mississippi School of Medicine M.D. 1991
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Endovenous Laser Ablation
- Professional Member American College of Phlebology
- Board Certified American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine
- University Hospital Anesthesiology
Michael R. Barlow M.D.'s Practice location
NORTHPORT, AL 35473Get Direction
Northport, AL 35473Get Direction
Michael R. Barlow M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barlow
- What is an Exercise-Induced Migraine?
What is an Exercise-Induced Migraine?Exercises have been recommended by many doctors and lifestyle therapists as a healthy way of living. Unfortunately these exercises can have side effects such as migraines.Compromising on fitness is not often a preferred option but oft one chosen due to health...
- Study Shows that Inflammation Occurs Before Sleep Apnea
If a person has shallow breaths or has one or more pauses in breathing while he or she sleeps, then that may be because of sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a kind of disorder when the upper airway is occasionally hampered during a person’s sleep. According to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Mali Mathru MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Perry W Smith MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Jason Lynn Mckeown MD1201 11TH AVE S BIRMINGHAM AL 35205
- Dr. Thomas Richard Vetter MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Timothy J Ness MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Michael A Froelich MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249