Dr. Candace Lynn Walkley M.D.
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease1501 Kings Hwy Department Of Medici Shreveport LA, 71103
Dr. Candace Walkley is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Shreveport, LA. Dr. Walkley specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Lsu Hlth Sci Ctr-Univ Hosp, Infectious Diseases; Lsu Hlth Sci Ctr-Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics; Lsu Hlth Sci Ctr-Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- LSU HEALTH SCIENCES
Dr. Candace Lynn Walkley M.D.'s Practice location
Colorado Springs, CO 80917Get Direction
Dr. Candace Lynn Walkley M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Walkley
- HIV: Will My Child Get It If I’m Pregnant?
The initials 'HIV' stand for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. As the name suggest, it is a viral attack that completely weakens the defense systems of a human being leaving them open to invasion from bacteria and other disease causing micro-organisms.Once infected, the virus finds its way into the...
- I had COVID-19, now what?
In a previous article I have written, I have explained certain measures to take when you get positive COVID-19 results. I understand that getting the news of a COVID-19 diagnosis can cause feelings of sadness. Upon talking with patients, I have heard about their sentiments. How they worry, how...
- 5 Misconceptions About Lyme Disease
People cannot resist themselves from having fun and playing outdoors in the warm spring weather. However, the increased time of being out also increases the risk of encountering with nature’s peskier pests. One such problem is the tick, which is associated with Lyme disease. Tick bites can cause...
- The Three Stages of Lyme Disease
The problem with Lyme disease is that it is difficult to treat because the organism responsible for the disease hides from your immune system. Lyme disease goes through three stages, and in each stage, they produce different signs and symptoms. The three stages of Lyme disease are:...
- What Are the Symptoms of AIDS?
Acquired Immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS, is a disease that develops in the advanced stages of infection by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Infection by HIV weakens the immune system of the person by destroying the CD4 cells, the primary infection fighters of the body. A person is said to...
- What Is the Difference Between AIDS and HIV?
The main difference between AIDS and HIV is that HIV is a virus whereas AIDS is a condition that is caused by HIV. People often confuse HIV and AIDS. Different diagnoses are used to identify both HIV and AIDS. However, they are said to go hand-in-hand and are very often used interchangeably to...
- Dr. Iram Kareemi Zando M.D.1400 E Bert Kouns Loop Shreveport LA 71105
- Dr. John Rucker Todd M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Guillermo Orlando Padilla M.D.8001 Youree Dr Shreveport LA 71115
- Dr. John William King M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Ronald Glenn Washburn M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Jihad Michel El-hayek M.D.2551 Greenwood Rd Shreveport LA 71103