Dr. Melissa Allen is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Allen specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Allen tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
University of South Carolina School of Medicine 2012
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Arizona) Program
Dr. Melissa M Allen MD's Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
AUGUSTA, GA 30912Get Direction
Dr. Melissa M Allen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After Knee Replacement Surgery
The major thing you would expect after a knee replacement is proper recovery and the successful outcome of the procedure. Knee replacement surgery is a procedure that is aimed at correcting a damaged knee joint. The recovery period after this operation varies depending on the type of surgery carried...
- Can I Walk After a Knee Replacement Surgery?
Yes, you can walk after a knee replacement surgery. The main goal of the surgery is for you to walk using an artificial knee and get back to your normal life. In fact, it is highly recommended that you immediately use your artificial knee.You need to know that walking again will require your...
- Diagnosis of Osteoporosis
It is important to get a diagnosis for osteoporosis as soon as you experience any of the symptoms associated with the condition. One should not prolong a visit with a doctor because the sooner the diagnosis, the sooner the individual will receive treatment.About 80% of your bone density is...
- Hip Pain: Causes and Treatment
Any pain that is felt around the hip joint is usually referred to as hip pain. This is a very common condition and often confusing, as there are several reasons for the pain in the hip region. Hip pain can make everyday activities more difficult. Many people feel a snapping sound in the hip joint....
- Efforts for Muscular Dystrophy Research
There is vast research going into the effort to find new ways to combat Muscular Dystrophy. Before any new treatment can see the light of the day, it undergoes a series of testing called clinical trials. When a patient is part of a clinical trial, they benefit from cutting-edge treatment that...
- What Is Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
This is a type of surgery used in treating spinal stenosis, a condition that occurs due to the narrowing of space between the spinal vertebrae. In order to have a better understanding about spinal stenosis surgery, it is important to have a clear idea about the conditions which lead to this...
- Dr. Mark Dekutoski MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Aaron J. Altenburg MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Brian Walczak200 First Street Southwest Rochester Minnesota 55906
- Dr. Matthew P Abdel MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Michael J Taunton M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Thomas C Shives M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905