Dr. Matthew D Christiansen PHD
Psychologist | Clinical910 W Havens Street Dakota Counseling In Mitchell SD, 57301
Dr. Matthew Christiansen is a psychologist practicing in Mitchell, SD. Dr. Christiansen specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Christiansen evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Christiansen because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Matthew D Christiansen PHD's Practice location
Mitchell, SD 57301Get Direction
- The Most Common Psychological Disorders
Common mental health disorders are often associated with a variety of symptoms, which can lead to significant disability or impairment for the patient and those around them. Below are some of the more common psychological disorders:DepressionDepression or major depressive disorder is a serious...
- Intellectual Disability in Children: Know the Signs
Intellectual DisabilityIntellectual disability (ID), formerly called as mental retardation, is a type of developmental disability, in which individuals have certain limitations in their intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior. People with ID have difficulty learning, communicating, solving...
- “Did You Say Mama?” Five-Year-Old with Nonverbal Autism Surprises Parents
Around 30% of individuals on the autism spectrum use only a few words or do not speak at all. These individuals are described as having nonverbal autism and 5-year-old Taylor Blakenship from Athens, Alabama is one of them. ...
- Feeling That You Are Upper Class May Lead to Bad Behavior
According to a new study conducted by researchers from University of California, Berkeley, and the University of Toronto, people who consider themselves upper class are more likely to have unethical behavior. The study results published in the, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, show...
- Different Types of Anxiety Disorders You Should Know About
Everyone feels anxious from time to time, but chronic anxiety can adversely impact the quality of your life. While in moderation, anxiety is not a bad thing, but when it becomes intense, it can have serious consequences on your physical health too. Everyone experiences anxiety differently. Some have...
- Meditate to Concentrate: The Science Behind Meditation
The science behind meditationPeople who meditate use their brain in such a way that it helps them avoid distraction and concentrate on the their task, says a new study. People who meditate regularly have less activity in that part of the brain associated with distractions and day dreaming....
- Ms. Savanna Ashton Williams ED.S., NCSP110 N MENTZER ST MITCHELL SD 57301
- Jayne Rubendall ED.S.1421 N CAPITAL ST MITCHELL SD 57301
- Kate L Jorgensen MS LPC910 W Havens Street Mitchell SD 57301
- Dr. Michael A Stone PSY D910 W Havens Street Mitchell SD 57301
- Dr. Gennea Adelle Danks PH.D.910 West Havens Mitchell SD 57301
- Amanda Hamburg110 N MENTZER ST MITCHELL SD 57301