Dr. Kellie Mathis is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Mathis specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Mathis often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Sch of Med, Lubbock Tx 2003
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine,Lubbock, Tx, United States 2003
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine 2003
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Construct validation of a laparoscopic surgical simulator.
- Randomized controlled trials in surgical oncology: where do we stand?
- Controversies in laparoscopy for colon and rectal cancer.
- Outcomes of salvage surgery for cure in patients with locally recurrent disease after local excision of rectal cancer.
- Survival following synchronous colon cancer resection.
- Rates, trends, and short-term outcomes of colorectal resections for endometriosis: An ACS-NSQIP review.
- Impact of BMI on Ability to Successfully Create an IPAA.
- Benefit of Postresection Adjuvant Chemotherapy for Stage III Colon Cancer in Octogenarians: Analysis of the National Cancer Database.
- Incorporation of CEA Improves Risk Stratification in Stage II Colon Cancer.
- Long-standing Crohn's disease and its implication on anal squamous cell cancer management.
- Surgical Outcomes in Vedolizumab-Treated Patients with Ulcerative Colitis.
- Severity of diverticulitis in patients with polycystic kidney disease without transplantation.
- Crohn's Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, General Surgery
- Mayo Grad School Med/Mayo Fndn
Dr. Kellie L Mathis M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Kellie L Mathis M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mathis
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Reasons Why You Need a Colonoscopy
Colonoscopy is a procedure that evokes mixed reactions amongst most adults. Most people don't look forward to the preparation for a colonoscopy, much less the procedure itself. But improvements in the procedure in recent years have led to most people not having a terrible experience. It is of...
- What Are the Treatments for Anal Fissure and Which Specialist Should I Consult?
Anal fissure is an impairment of the wall of the anus. It usually does not come with a lot of medical complications. Nonetheless, it should be treated with urgency, since it can make life very uncomfortable for you. Anal Fissure SymptomsAnal fissure comes with a number of symptoms. Since some of...
- What Is an Anal Fissure?
What is an anal fissure?The anal canal is a short tube surrounded by muscle at the end of the rectum. An anal fissure is a small crack, tear, or rip in the anal canal lining. Anal fissure is often very small, but can cause you severe pain. The pain gets worse after passing stool and normally last...
- Recovering From Anal Fissure Surgery
An anal fissure is normally the result of the overstretching of the anal mucosa or moist tissue. It can overstretch due to a number of reasons such as passing extra-large and/or hard stools, constipation, low blood flow to the area, excessive diarrhea, dietary choices, and childbirth among others....
- Colon Cancer
What is colon cancer?Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine, also known as the colon. If the last segment of the colon, the rectum, has a cancerous growth, it is known as rectal carcinoma. These two conditions are collectively referred to as colorectal cancer.Carcinoma of the colon is the...
- Dr. Yi-qian You MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Bruce G Wolff M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Eric J Dozois M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Dorin T Colibaseanu MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Amit Merchea MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Sherief Fawzi hussein Shawki M.D.200 1ST ST SW ROCHESTER MN 55905