Dr. David Sefcik is a Dentist practicing in Joliet, IL. Dr. Sefcik specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Dr. David Joseph Sefcik D.D.S.'s Practice location
Joliet, IL 60435Get Direction
Dr. David Joseph Sefcik D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Gum Disease is Common in Pot Smokers
A new study published in, The Journal of American Medical Association, reports that pot use is associated with gum disease. This disease, considered to be a disease due to aging, was very common among people who smoke marijuana. The result remained the same even after accounting for all other...
- Magnolia Bark Extract Prevents Bad Breath
According to the results of a study published in, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, magnolia bark extract contains chemicals that may prevent bad breath or halitosis. These compounds, called magnolol and honokiol, kill the bacteria that cause bad breath and cavities.In this study, nine...
- Floss Your Teeth the Right Way
Alla Wheeler, RDH, MPA, associate professor of the Dental Hygiene Program at the New York University School of Dentistry, says that since the results of flossing are not immediate, most people do not think that the technique actually works.In reality, this is the best technique, as it does...
- Is There a Link Between Gum Disease and Breast Cancer?
Being on top of oral health is important. This is not new information. From childhood, people are taught that brushing at least twice a day and flossing every day is essential.It is also well known now that smoking is a risk factor for cancer. However, what may not be common knowledge is the...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- Oral Hygiene and Overall Health
Maintaining oral hygiene is very important for overall health; it does far more just keeping a bright smile. Good oral hygiene can reduce the risk of serious conditions like heart diseases, and may also preserve memory as people age. Dental health may affect overall health in six different ways,...
- Dr. George E. Barsa Other3190 N Elston Ave Chicago Illinois 60618
- Dr. Samy Samaan Other24963 Heritage Oaks Dr Plainfield IL 60585
- Dr. Eddy Romero matos DMD576 Brook Forest Ave Shorewood IL 60404
- Dr. Garnet L Patterson DDS19721 Wolf Rd. Mokena IL 60448
- Dr. Omar Adnan Ojjeh D.M.D.1 Tiffany Point, Suite 207 Bloomingdale IL 60108
- Dr. William K Sensenbrenner DMD3101 Village Office Pl Champaign IL 61822