Dr. Stephen Martin is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Chattanooga, TN. Dr. Martin specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Martin typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1985
Georgetown University in Washington DC 1985
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Univ Tn Med Ctr, Thoracic Surgery; Univ Tn Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University of Tennessee Program
Mr. Stephen Lee Martin MD's Practice location
Chattanooga, TN 37404Get Direction
CHATTANOOGA, TN 37404Get Direction
Mr. Stephen Lee Martin MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Dr. Mohammed salik A Jahania MD4100 John R Detroit MI 48201
- Dr. Wilson Monroe Clements M.D.20 Medical Village Dr Ft Mitchell KY 41017
- Dr. Larry L Shears MD25 Monument Rd York PA 17403
- Dr. James Lawrence Zellner MD2108 E 3rd St Chattanooga TN 37404
- Dr. Clifton C Reade MD2108 E 3rd St Chattanooga TN 37404
- Mr. Richard Clarke Morrison MD2108 E 3rd St Chattanooga TN 37404