Dr. Emily D Friedman MD
Neurosurgeon3433 Nw 56th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma City OK, 73112
Dr. Emily Friedman practices Neurological Surgery in Oklahoma City, OK. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Friedman prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1981
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Neurological Surgery; Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery
- New York Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia Presbyterian Center
Dr. Emily D Friedman MD's Practice location
Oklahoma City, OK 73112Get Direction
Dr. Emily D Friedman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Friedman
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s Disease: It Isn't EasyTony led a normal life just like many of us. He was approaching his fifth to sixth decade, and he was the head of an engineering department--capable of making decisions and recalling those decisions. But suddenly, communication with his wife and children was...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Signs You Need to See a Doctor for Back Pain
There are a number of potential causes of back pain, but most of them are rare. Most cases of back pain, particularly those that go away with or without over-the-counter treatment, do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following signs and...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- Robert E. Tibbs, Jr.4120 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120
- Dr. Shon William Cook MD11317 S. Western Ave., Bldg 300 Oklahoma City OK 73170
- Dr. Caple A Spence MD8121 National Ave Oklahoma City OK 73110
- Dr. Bassam Ar Hadi M.D535 Nw 9th St Oklahoma City OK 73102
- Dr. Scott C Robertson MD9060 Harmony Dr Oklahoma City OK 73130
- Dr. Matthew R Stanfield MD5300 N Grand Blvd Oklahoma City OK 73112