Dr. John Hamjian practices Neuropathology in Hyannis, MA. Dr. Hamjian studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1987
Saint Louis University School of Medicine 1987
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Parkinson's Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Transient Ischemic Attack (tia)
- Vascular Disease
- Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Neurology
- EMORY HEALTHCARE
Dr. John A Hamjian M.D.'s Practice location
Hyannis, MA 02601Get Direction
Dr. John A Hamjian M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hamjian
- Staying Active with Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a neuromuscular degenerative disorder that robs those afflicted of their motor functions over time. The disease is generally slow moving, but studies have shown that persons with Parkinson's that were active before their diagnosis and continue to be so afterwards, seem to...
- How Herpes Affects Multiple Sclerosis
Having multiple sclerosis is difficult to manage on its own. The symptoms may feel overwhelming, so researching and being an active participant in the appropriate care plan are two important steps. There are several viruses that impact the neurological system in the body. Herpes is a disease that is...
- What are the Dangers of Brain-Eating Amoeba?
Brain-eating amoeba is a terrifying organism that seems to cause sudden, tragic deaths of some people in our country. The amoeba, Naegleria fowleri, was first identified in Australia. The species has five sub-types, all of which causes diseases. The species remains in an inactive cyst form when...
- Wife with Multiple Sclerosis Gets Surprise of a Lifetime
Suffering from a chronic disabling disease shouldn't get in the way of love. Though things might get a little bit more challenging, love is love. There was romance in the air for Laura on her 10 year anniversary. Little did she know that her husband had put a lot of time and effort into making the...
- Chronic Inflammation May Enhance Sustained Delivery of New Muscular Dystrophy Therapy
The Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is a genetic disorder that is accompanied by symptoms of progressive muscle weakness and degeneration. Duchenne muscular dystrophy is caused by the absence of dystrophin, a protein that is responsible for keeping muscles cells intact, and accounts for one of the nine...
- Exercises to Alleviate Restless Legs Syndrome
According to statistics, each year, millions of people develop the neurological disorder called restless legs syndrome (RLS). The disorder is associated with aches, unusual sensations, and urge to move your legs during rest. This condition usually becomes worse at night.Treatment OptionsTreatment...
- Dr. Michael T. Leahy M.D.109b County Rd North Falmouth MA 02556
- Dr. James A Mccarthy MD119 Cedar St Hyannis MA 02601
- Dr. Richard J Smayda DO1421 Route 39 Harwich MA 02645
- Dr. Generoso G Gascon MD280d Route 130 Forestdale MA 02644
- Dr. Michael Edward Markowski D.O.433 W Main St Hyannis MA 02601
- Ms. Lisa Renee Ferley MD40 Quinlan Way Hyannis MA 02601