Dr. Maria Tierney is a speech language pathologist practicing in CLARENCE CENTER, NY. Dr. Tierney specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Tierney evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Tierney helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Maria Tierney MS, CCC/SLP's Practice location
CLARENCE CENTER, NY 14032Get Direction
Mrs. Maria Tierney MS, CCC/SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- Mrs. Bonnie Lynn Miller M.S., CCC/SLP50 E NORTH ST BUFFALO NY 14203
- Courtney E. Shepard M.A. CCC-SLP25 CHATEAU TER AMHERST NY 14226
- Miss Jennifer Ann Muchow TSLD150 STAHL RD GETZVILLE NY 14068
- Mrs. Carol Lynn Bigos1500 MAPLE RD WILLIAMSVILLE NY 14221
- Mrs. Samantha I Mclean SLP462 GRIDER ST BUFFALO NY 14215
- Miss Lindsay Brownell L-SLP, TSSLD697 RIDGE RD LACKAWANNA NY 14218