Dr. Abbey Fischman is a psychologist practicing in Charlottesville, VA. Dr. Fischman specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Fischman evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Fischman because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Abbey Fischman PH.D.'s Practice location
Charlottesville, VA 22902Get Direction
Dr. Abbey Fischman PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Gene Linked to Autism Can Cause More Anxiety and Seizures, Study Finds
A recent study has found that a gene linked to autism causes mice to have more seizures and anxiety. Dr. Jill Silverman is an assistant professor of psychiatry at the University of California, Davis. She led a team of researchers to study this particular gene in mice. The recently published their...
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- Helping a Loved One Cope with Depression
Depression is a serious mood disorder that can really change the way people live their life. However, depression can be treated with the help and support of people who truly care about the welfare of a person who is depressed. Most people who frequently feel depressed need intervention and treatment...
- What Are the Benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Prescriptions in this century are made quickly and unnecessarily. You may find psychiatrists giving drugs that have several very nasty unnecessary side effects. There is, however, a natural, stress free, drug free method and routine for the disorders of the brain. Treatment is performed is by...
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and More
Social Anxiety Disorder, also known as social phobia, is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person feels excessively fearful of social situations. A person suffering from this disorder lack social skills and has trouble meeting new people, talking to people, and attending social gatherings. They...
- Dr. Donna K. Broshek PH.D.Uva Hospital West Charlottesville VA 22903
- Dr. Jamie K Ducharme PHD6161 Kempsville Cir Norfolk VA 23502
- Dr. Robert Paul Miller PHD535 Westfield Rd Charlottesville VA 22901
- Dr. Andrew C. Elgort ED.D.887b Rio East Ct Charlottesville VA 22901
- Dr. Sandra R. Newhouse PH.D.1441 Sachem Pl Charlottesville VA 22901
- Dr. David S Leen PHD1441 Sachem Place Charlottesville VA 22901