Dr. Rodney K Chan M.D.
Plastic Surgeon | Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery2632 Broadway St Suite 201 San Antonio TX, 78215
Dr. Rodney Chan is a cosmetic medicine and surgery specialist practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Chan specializes in the enhancement of appearance. Improving aesthetic, symmetry and proportion are key goals in cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic medicine has nothing to do with these specific areas not functioning properly; therefore, this elective field solely focuses on aesthetics and anti-aging.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 2000
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Where do perforator flaps fit in our armamentarium?
- Characterization of midface fractures incurred in recent wars.
- Characterization of skin allograft use in thermal injury.
- Characterization of mandibular fractures incurred from battle injuries in Iraq and Afghanistan from 2001-2010.
- Characterization and management of mandibular fractures: lessons learned from Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Non-battle craniomaxillofacial injuries from U.S. military operations.
- Combat-related facial burns: analysis of strategic pitfalls.
- Recipient wound bed characteristics affect scarring and skin graft contraction.
- Full-Thickness Thermal Injury Delays Wound Closure in a Murine Model.
- Burn wound healing and treatment: review and advancements.
- A novel approach to graft loss in burn using the CelluTome epidermal harvesting
- Inability to determine tissue health is main indication of allograft use in intermediate extent burns.
- Exacerbated and prolonged inflammation impairs wound healing and increases scarring.
- Reverse posterior interosseous flap for defects of the dorsal ulnar wrist using previously burned and recently grafted skin.
- Functional and subjective assessment of burn contracture release in a mission setting.
- The Burn Wound Microenvironment.
- Perioperative Temperature Management During Burn Care.
- Antecedent thermal injury worsens split-thickness skin graft quality: A clinically relevant porcine model of full-thickness burn, excision and grafting.
- Ultrahigh dose gentamicin alters inflammation and angiogenesis in vivo and in vitro.
- Accelerated epithelialization and improved wound healing metrics in porcine full-thickness wounds transplanted with full-thickness skin micrografts.
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, General Surgery; Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, General Surgery
Dr. Rodney K Chan M.D.'s Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78215Get Direction
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78229Get Direction
Dr. Rodney K Chan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chan
- Are You a Candidate for a Face lift?
What is a facelift?A face lift also known as a rhytidectomy or rhytidoplasty is a surgical procedure done to improve aging signs in the face and neck. This procedure is usually performed in on women in their 4th, 5th, or 5th decade of life.Why is a facelift done?If you are worried by facial...
- Reasons Why You Would Need Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery is a choice made by a person who wants to look different, feel different, or just show off the new and improved version of him or herself. Most people have different reasons for undergoing plastic surgery.Sometimes one needs to see a psychiatrist before undergoing plastic surgery,...
- Alternatives Used to Treat Acne Scars
Dermal FillersDermal fillers are used to improve the appearance of scars that have recessed. Common substances that are used as fillers and injected into the scars include collagen, hyaluronic acid, and fat. However, in order to maintain this look, you need to have injections repeatedly unless you...
- Reasons for Undergoing a Breast Augmentation
One of the leading cosmetic surgery procedures performed in the US is breast augmentation. According to research, approximately 307,000 women received breast implants in 2011. Many of the surgeries were different, and the reasons for the surgeries also varied. The majority of women who decide to...
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- Does Ultherapy Really Tighten Skin?
What is it?Ultherapy is the only FDA approved non-surgical procedure done to lift the skin of the neck, chins and brow. It is not a surgery; it is not an injection or laser. It is an ultrasound therapy. This technique uses ultrasound to guide the clinician to the directed are of the skin where they...
- Dr. Luis A. Jaramillo MD2833 Babcock Rd San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. James M. Landeen MD4499 Medical Drive San Antonio Texas 78229
- Dr. James M. Landeen MD8 Dominion Dr San Antonio TX 78257
- Rambod Ray Charepoo4000 Horizon Hill Blvd San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Aaron C Mason MD343 W Houston St San Antonio TX 78205
- Dr. Robert N Young MD525 Oak Centre Dr San Antonio TX 78258