Dr. Brenda Simpson is a general surgeon practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Simpson specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Simpson provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Emory University School Of Medicine 1991
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Breast Cancer
- Emory Univ Sch Of Med, General Surgery
- Emory University School Of Med
- EMORY HEALTHCARE
Dr. Brenda Simpson MD's Practice location
Dr. Brenda Simpson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Simpson
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- What are the Treatment Options for Hernia
Hernia occurs when an organ protrudes through an opening or a tissue that keeps it in place. There are several types of hernia including inguinal, incisional, hiatal, and more. While some hernias have visible symptoms such as a lump or acidity in stomach, others are asymptotic. The latter type of...
- How to Prepare for an Ablation
An ablation is a surgery that removes body tissue. Once your ablation has been discussed, it is wise to consider some shared risk factors which you may control. The following shared risk factors are important to consider before your ablation....
- When Is Thyroid Surgery Necessary?
Overview of ThyroidectomyHypothyroidism, as the name indicates, refers to an underactive form of the thyroid gland. It means that the thyroid gland fails to produce a sufficient amount of thyroid hormones in the body. The removal of the thyroid gland will further reduce the production of hormones,...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that is used to examine the organs that are located in the abdomen. It involves little work and it comes with minimal risks. It can also be referred to as diagnostic laparoscopy. Only a few small incisions are made.A special instrument, known as laparoscope, is...
- Laparoscopy and Infertility
LaparoscopyA laparoscopy is a surgical procedure, which allows doctors to examine your abdominal organs. In females, their fallopian tubes, uterus, and ovaries are found in the pelvic region, which is at the bottom of the abdomen. The procedure uses a laparoscope to visualize the abdominal organs....
- Dr. Ahad M. Khan M.D11780 Northfall Lane Alpharetta Georgia 30009
- Dr. Mario A. Cerame M.D.960 Joe Frank Harris Blvd, SE Cartersville GA 30120
- Dr. David N. Armstrong MD721 Wellness Way Lawrenceville Georgia 30046
- Dr. Lyle Christopher Young MD2557 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85295
- Dr. Brian Christopher Organ M.D.285 Boulevard Ne Atlanta GA 30312
- Dr. Joseph F Magliocca MDEmory University Hospital Atlanta GA 30322