Dr. Deborah Hayes is a pediatrician practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Hayes is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Hayes diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Hayes can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of South Al Coll of Med, Mobile Al 1982
University of South Alabama College of Medicine 1982
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Pitt Co Mem Hosp, Pediatrics; Carilion Hlth Sys, Obstetrics And Gynecology
Dr. Deborah Delene Hayes M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Dr. Deborah Delene Hayes M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- When to Seek Medication for Jaundice in Newborn Babies
Jaundice usually appears about three days after birth and disappears by the time the baby is two weeks old. Premature babies are more prone to jaundice than the mature ones. This condition can also take 5-7 days to appear. It can also stretch up to 3 weeks. Jaundice also tends to last relatively...
- New Studies Look for Signs of Autism Before Birth
For many years medical providers have primarily relied on analyses of a child’s behavior in order to diagnose autism. While the behavioral differences between a child with autism and a neurotypical child are sufficient to provide a diagnosis, it can be a lengthy process. At a young age, behavioral...
- Green Poop in Babies: When Should You Worry About It?
Baby poop is always a matter of concern for new mothers. The cause of worry can be on various factors such as the frequency of the baby's poop, its color and consistency, and concerns about your child's solid food intake.Normal Color and Consistency of Baby PoopA baby’s first poop is always black...
- Complications of Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) Deficiency
IntroductionGlucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency is an inherited condition in which the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase is not produced enough by the body. This enzyme is needed to help the red blood cells (RBCs) of the body to function normally.If there is a lack of this...
- Treatments for Jaundice
Treatments are only necessary when the patient has extremely high levels of bilirubin in the blood. Most babies suffering from jaundice don’t require treatments because their blood’s bilirubin levels are often low. Under such conditions, the symptoms often improve with a period of two weeks and...
- Dr. William H. Johnston MD806 St. Vincents Drive Birmingham Alabama 35205
- Thomas Gilbert Amason3401 Independence Drive Birmingham Alabama 35209
- Dr. Kami Blair Sester M.D.1022 1st St N Alabaster AL 35007
- Dr. Muhammed K. Siddiqui M.D.200 Beacon Pkwy W Birmingham AL 35209
- Mrs. Margaret Anne Thiele M.D.1400 4th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Hernan Moreno M.D.200 Riverhills Business Park Birmingham AL 35242