Dr. Leonard Schnur is a psychologist practicing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Dr. Schnur specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Schnur evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Schnur because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Leonard Schnur PSY.D.'s Practice location
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317Get Direction
Dr. Leonard Schnur PSY.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Overstimulation Makes Eye Contact Difficult for Those with Autism, Study Finds
It has been a common perception in recent years that when children with autism avoid eye contact out of indifference. People have said they are in their own world and need to be brought out of it.Children with ASD are very different from one another, in their struggles and levels of functioning. A...
- Everything You Need To Know About Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder (MDD) — also referred to as clinical depression — and Dysthymia are two of the most common types of depression. While there are some less common types too, MDD is a condition that is quite common among people today. In fact, according to the National Institute of...
- X Factor Star Susan Boyle on Asperger's Diagnosis
In 2012, Scottish singer Susan Boyle was diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome (AS). Before her diagnosis, Susan’s team believed that her ‘unpredictable’ and ‘eccentric’ behavior was due to her being a diva and hot-headed. They considered that she acted the way she did because she was...
- How an Autism Expert Failed to See His Own Son's Asperger's
Many children with Asperger’s syndrome are initially diagnosed with ADHD and then later diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome in adulthood when seeking help for directly related matters such as depression or persistent anxiety. This is how it took professor Tony Attwood, clinical psychologist, 35...
- What is Trichotillomania?
Trichotillomania, or hair pulling disorder, is a mental disorder in which people have a strong desire and urge to pull out hair from different parts of their body, including the scalp and eyebrows. In this type of disorder — also considered an impulse control disorder — one finds it hard to...
- Dr. Malorie K. Schneider PSYD1700 N. Dixie Highway Boca Raton FL 33432
- Nancy Bacher2999 Northeast 191st Street Aventura Florida 33180
- Dr. Eric Y Reznik PSY.D.17100 Royal Palm Blvd Fort Lauderdale FL 33326
- Dr. Mitchell E Spero PSY D12651 West Sunrise Blvd. Suite 101 Sunrise FL 33323
- Dr. Sherry Roth4400 N. Federal Hwy Boca Raton FL 33431
- Dr. Cheri Gay Surloff PHD.,PSYD501 Palm Dr Hallandale FL 33009