Dr. Stephen Wooten is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Greenville, NC. Dr. Wooten specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Wooten tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1981
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Images in emergency medicine. Digital septic emboli.
- Control and optimization of apheresis procedures in a COBE 2997 cell separator.
- Interface dynamics in a centrifugal cell separator.
- Closed tendon injuries of the hand in athletics.
- Iliacus hematoma and subsequent femoral nerve palsy after penetration of the medical acetabular wall during total hip arthroplasty. Report of a case.
- Retained foreign body: a fingernail fragment?
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Orthopedic Surgery; Univ Of Va Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University of Virginia Program
Dr. Stephen Lamont Wooten M.D.'s Practice location
Greenville, NC 27834Get Direction
Dr. Stephen Lamont Wooten M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Olecranon Bursitis?
Whenever a bursa is inflamed and becomes swollen, it causes a lot of pain around the affected area. The condition is called bursitis. The inflammation and swelling of the bursa are the causes of pain. The bursa is a sac filled with fluid, which is always located between the muscles, tendons, bones,...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation and swelling in the joints. It may also affect the tissues surrounding the joints and other adjacent or connective tissues, and its adverse effects may be either on one or multiple joints. The arthritic disease or condition can be categorized into...
- Physical Activity Benefits Knees
Results from a new study contradict earlier reports that exercise may not be beneficial for the knees. According to the new study, there is no doubt that exercise improves knee cartilage and the overall knee health. The researchers do agree that exercise is linked with increased chances of bony...
- Reasons Why You Need Spinal Stenosis Surgery
Spinal stenosis is a situation where the vertebrae in the spine come close together and lie on one or more of the spinal nerves which come from the spinal cord. When this occurs, the individual may experience various symptoms such as:Numbness and a tingling sensationThe spinal nerves emerge from the...
- What Is Spinal Stenosis Back Surgery?
What is spinal stenosis?Spinal stenosis is a disorder of the spine in which the spinal chord narrows. Congenital spinal stenosis is a condition in which the spine is already narrowed at birth. Factors that can result in spinal stenosis are herniated discs, osteophytes, which are ingrown bones or...
- Efforts for Muscular Dystrophy Research
There is vast research going into the effort to find new ways to combat Muscular Dystrophy. Before any new treatment can see the light of the day, it undergoes a series of testing called clinical trials.When a patient is part of a clinical trial, they benefit from cutting-edge treatment that...
- Dr. Christopher Clay Hasty M.D.810 W H Smith Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Todd S. Jarosz M.D.2390 Hemby Lane Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Jacob R Bosley MD11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Scot Eric Reeg M.D.2390 Hemby Ln Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Josiah William Duke M.D.810 W H Smith Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Edwin Clary Bartlett M.D.810 W H Smith Blvd Greenville NC 27834