Dr. Quasem Chowdhury is a physiatrist practicing in Jamaica, NY. Dr. Chowdhury is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Chowdhury focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Chowdhury can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Sylhet Med Coll, Chittagong Univ, Sylhet, Bangladesh 1986
- Suny Hlth Sci Ctr Brooklyn, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation; Suny Hlth Sci Ctr Brooklyn, General Surgery
Dr. Quasem Chowdhury MD's Practice location
Jamaica, NY 11432Get Direction
Dr. Quasem Chowdhury MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Happens During a Laminectomy?
What is a laminectomy?You may experience back pain that affects your day-to-day activities. Your doctor may recommend that you undergo a surgical procedure called laminectomy.Laminectomy is a surgical operation, in which the lamina is removed. This helps relieve pressure that is exerted on the nerve...
- 5 Tips on Living with ADHD
People suffering from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) experience a lot of challenges. The symptoms associated with this condition can really be detrimental to an individual’s quality of life. However, being conversant with some useful tips on the management of such symptoms can be...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- Reduce the Risk of Osteoporosis
Diets for OsteoporosisThe type of food you eat has a significant impact on your bones. Being informed of the foods that are highly enriched in calcium and vitamin D will always help you in making healthy food choices.If you take a well-balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, dairy, and fish,...
- When to See Your Doctor About Back Pain
One of the most common reasons why people visit their doctor is their back pain. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), 8 out of 10 people have some type of back pain. The pain originates in the spine and can manifest in multiple forms. The...
- Symptoms or Signs of Arthritis
Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to humans. Arthritis can affect people and children of all ages. The pain and stiffness of the joints are serious symptoms indicating that the person may have some serious type of arthritis that needs urgent treatment. If the person delays the visit to...
- Dr. Dante Acebo Cubangbang M.D.13915 34th Ave Flushing NY 11354
- Mr. Gregory Marcolin P.T3175 Emmons Ave Brooklyn New York 11235
- Dr. Neil Chatterjee MD2440 M Street N.W. Washington DC 20037
- Dr. Michael Mizhiritsky MD130 E67th street New York NY 10065
- Alexandre Karatchounov2615 East 16th Street Brooklyn New York 11235
- Dr. Kioomars Moosazadeh MD140 Middle Neck Road Great Neck New York 11021