Dr. Ronald Stevens M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease166 E Jericho Tpke Mineola NY, 11501
Dr. Ronald Stevens is a cardiologist practicing in Mineola, NY. Dr. Stevens specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Stevens also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1992
New York Medical College 1992
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Winthrop-University Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Winthrop-University Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Winthrop-University Hospital Program
Dr. Ronald Stevens M.D.'s Practice location
Mineola, NY 11501Get Direction
Dr. Ronald Stevens M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stevens
- What Are the Warning Signs of Hypertensive Crisis?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a chronic condition that may lead to other complications, including organ damage, gradually over a period of time. The blood pressure may become very high and severe all of a sudden resulting in a condition referred to as hypertensive crisis. Hypertensive...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- Too Much Sitting May Increase the Chance of Dying
Too Much Sitting May Increase the Chance of Dying “Spending too much time sitting may increase the odds of dying due to any cause”, says a new study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine. The chances of dying from any cause increases by as much as 40% in people who spend a lot of time...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- What is Cardiac Ablation?
Cardiac ablation is a procedure used for atrial fibrillation (a-fib) treatment, which is an irregular beating of the heart. Doctors may recommend the procedure when other methods of treatment such as drugs and heartbeat reset aren’t successful.If atrial fibrillation, or an irregular heart rate,...
- Mr. Carl Dietrich Reimers MD130 E 77th St New York NY 10075
- Dr. Nino D. Marino M.D110 East 59th Street New York City New York 10022
- Dr. Bijoy K. Mehta MD140-15 Stanford Avenue Flushing New York 11355
- Dr. Jeremiah M. Gelles MD8714 5th Avenue Brooklyn New York 11209
- Dr. Larry Altschul MD540 Union Blvd West Islip NY 11795
- David Lefkowitz407 E 70th St New York NY 10021