Dr. Laurence H Bates M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology9002 N Meridian St Suite 214 Indianapolis IN, 46260
Dr. Laurence Bates is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Bates specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1959
- Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine; Clarian Methodist Hosp Of Indi, Internal Medicine; Akron Gen Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Akron Gen Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Laurence H Bates M.D.'s Practice location
Indianapolis, IN 46260Get Direction
Carmel, IN 46032Get Direction
Dr. Laurence H Bates M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bates
- Breaking News on the Treatment of Follicular Lymphoma
Reuters, the international news agency out of London, has announced that the FDA has given a new drug “accelerated approval,” for the treatment of follicular lymphoma.The drug, Aliqopa (copanlisib), showed complete or partial shrinkage of tumors in 59% of study participants during drug studies,...
- AstraZeneca Gains United States Approval for Lymphoma Drug
Some forms of lymphoma are rarer than others. Most people can recognize Hodgkin lymphoma, but mantle cell lymphoma will strike them as a surprise.Because it is so rare, there are not as many drugs specific to this form of cancer. One has recently been approved in the United States, by the Food and...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- Treatment Options of Multiple Myeloma
A team led by a consultant haematology specialist takes care of you if you are a multiple myeloma patient. The team discusses your situation and suggests the best treatment for you, but you will finally decide.It may be paramount to compile a list of questions which you will ask the specialist...
- Teen Treated for Lymphoma to Play College Baseball
Whether it’s the Dodgers or the Red Sox or the local high school team, they’re called ‘the boys of summer’.While summer is when the teams begin competitive play, they are very much the boys of spring as well.The temperature might be cool, but the air is sweet with promise.The players pull...
- The Blow Self-Image Can Take During Lymphoma Treatment
Many who have endured cancer treatment experience a blow to their self image, and cease to recognize the person looking back at them in the mirror.However, it does not have to be that way! Here are some of the most common changes, and how to cope with them.Skin changesYou may begin to see your skin...
- Dr. Attaya Suvannasankha M.D.1044 W Walnut St Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Elena G Chiorean M.D.535 Barnhill Dr Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Sarah Ali MD8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis IN 46237
- Dr. Fred O Butler M.D.6820 Parkdale Pl Indianapolis IN 46254
- Dr. Radhika V Walling M.D.7229 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis IN 46256
- Dr. Stephanie Ann Wagner MD535 Barnhill Dr Indianapolis IN 46202