Dr. Sohaib Kureshi practices Neurological Surgery in San Diego, CA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Kureshi prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Univ of Southern Ca Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 1994
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
Areas of expertise and specialization
- American Board of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Neurological Surgery; Duke Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Sohaib Kureshi M.D's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Sohaib Kureshi M.D | Neurosurgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Sohaib Kureshi M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kureshi
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- Signs You Need to See a Doctor for Back Pain
There are a number of potential causes of back pain, but most of them are rare. Most cases of back pain, particularly those that go away with or without over-the-counter treatment, do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following signs and...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- Dr. John F Alksne M.D.9350 Campus Point Drive La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. Donald John Blaskiewicz M.D.2100 5th Ave San Diego CA 92101
- Dr. Richard Ostrup M.D2100 5TH AVE SAN DIEGO CA 92101
- Dr. Vrijesh Shantanu Tantuwaya MD12630 Monte Vista Rd Poway CA 92064
- Dr. Scott P Leary MD6645 Alvarado Rd San Diego CA 92120
- Dr. Frank Jeffrey Coufal M.D.9834 Genesee Ave La Jolla CA 92037