Dr. Abdul Abukurah is a nephrologist practicing in Glendale, CA. Dr. Abukurah specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Abukurah most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Dr. Abdul R Abukurah MD's Practice location
Glendale, CA 91208Get Direction
Dr. Abdul R Abukurah MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- Will My Kidney Stones Result in Future Kidney Problems?
A kidney stone is a condition that occurs when the minerals and salts present in the urine become concentrated in high levels and eventually tend to crystallize. These crystallized formations can be seen as stones, and they often stick together. Kidney stones mostly form in the kidney. They start as...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- Why do Kidney Stones Form in Different Sizes?
What are Kidney Stones?Kidney stones are concentrated minerals and acid salts which accumulate in the kidney or the urinary system as crystal structures or stones. They occur when our body lacks fluids required to dissolve minerals and salts present in the urine. Initially the stones will be small...
- 5 Tips on Living with Kidney Stones
According to scientific research, around 15% of the world’s population is living with kidney stones. Among these people, 20% are men while 5% are women. Kidney stones is a condition which is very common especially in men. It is also among the most painful infections since it affects the urinary...
- Does Acute Renal Failure Cause Death?
Our body machinery comprises of various parts and components all together, embedded to function as a whole unit to support life. Each component that forms a part of the body machine has a specific contribution and any malfunction in any of the components can have adverse effects on the entire body....
- Dr. Pascal Dabel M.D.11550 Indian Hills Rd Mission Hills California 91345
- Dr. Keith I. Mootoo M.D7503 Atlantic Ave Cudahy California 90201
- Dr. Hosameldin Madkour M.D.1520 San Pablo St Los Angeles CA 90033
- Dr. Burton A Liebross M.D.5525 Etiwanda Ave Tarzana CA 91356
- Mr. Mark Chun-liang Lee MD15141 E Whittier Blvd Whittier CA 90603
- Dr. John M Arcia MD255 E Orange Grove Ave Burbank CA 91502