Dr. Carmen Folmar is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Folmar specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Folmar can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Folmar can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Dr. Carmen Yvette young Folmar M.D.'s Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63117Get Direction
BARDSTOWN, KY 40004Get Direction
Dr. Carmen Yvette young Folmar M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Why Do I Keep Getting Hot Flashes?
Having hot flashes does not necessarily mean that you have reached menopause. Many other causes apart from the termination of your menstrual cycle can trigger the occurrence of hot flashes. Therefore, understanding the exact cause of your symptoms can really help you in establishing whether you are...
- Why We Can’t Treat All Ovarian Cancer the Same Way
Over the last three decades, ovarian cancer survival rates have seen very little improvement. The current five-year survival rate for ovarian cancer is 43%, a low percentage that is a result of the fact that this type of cancer is difficult to detect and often goes undiagnosed until it has reached...
- Gastrointestinal Pain in Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a common gynecological problem affecting women in their reproductive age. It never occurs before puberty and it usually resolves after menopause.Endometriosis is a gynecological condition characterized by the growth of the endometrial tissue outside of the uterus. There are two...
- Diagnosing Appendicitis During Pregnancy
Diagnosing appendicitis during pregnancy is difficult because its symptoms are quite similar to those of pregnancy. Therefore, it’s important to be aware of this condition and consult your doctor immediately if you feel that the signs and symptoms you are experiencing are indicative of...
- Surgical Treatment for Endometriosis
Endometriosis is rare in puberty, even though signs and symptoms of endometriosis can start with the first menstrual period. After menopause, the signs and symptoms of endometriosis disappear due to the lack of hormones.As mentioned, there is no cure for endometriosis. However, treatment includes...
- The Benefits and Risks of an IUD
What is an intrauterine device or IUD?An intrauterine device or IUD is a tiny, T-shaped birth control device. It is basically a plastic device, which is wrapped in copper. It also contains certain hormones. An IUD is inserted into the uterus by a doctor. There is a plastic string tied to the end of...
- Mrs. Alison M. Baker M.D.965 Mattox Drive Sullivan Missouri 63080
- Dr. David E. Simckes MD456 N New Ballas Rd Saint Louis MO 63141
- Eric S. Colton621 South New Ballas Road Saint Louis Missouri 63141
- Dr. Caroline A. Werner M.D.12266 de Paul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044
- Dr. Molina Dayal MD2150 Pennsylvania Ave Nw Washington DC 20037
- Dr. Richard Christopher Muckerman MD16216 Baxter Rd Chesterfield MO 63017