Dr. Melissa Normington is a speech language pathologist practicing in GREENVILLE, SC. Dr. Normington specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Normington evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Normington helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Melissa Clark Normington SPEECH THERAPIST's Practice location
GREENVILLE, SC 29609Get Direction
Mrs. Melissa Clark Normington SPEECH THERAPIST's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Kimberly Ameris M.A. CCC-SLP6 BOX TREE WAY GREENVILLE SC 29605
- Adrianne Burgess Owen CCC-SLP1400 GRIFFIN MILL RD EASLEY SC 29640
- Mrs. Patricia K. Gibson5 VALERIE DR GREENVILLE SC 29615
- Karen Ashley Williams benton MSP, CCC-SLP29 N ACADEMY ST GREENVILLE SC 29601
- Katherine Viars MS29 N ACADEMY ST GREENVILLE SC 29601
- Mrs. Laura Haskell Mayberry239 HEATHERMOOR WAY SIMPSONVILLE SC 29680