Dr. Donna Lawrence is a speech language pathologist practicing in PHOENIX, AZ. Dr. Lawrence specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Lawrence evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Lawrence helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Donna Lawrence's Practice location
PHOENIX, AZ 85021Get Direction
Donna Lawrence's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Naomi Jade Estrada M.A. SLP3401 N 67TH AVE PHOENIX AZ 85033
- Chelsea Eckhardt20402 N 15TH AVE PHOENIX AZ 85027
- Rachelle Brandt MS, CCC-SLP15301 N 138TH LN SURPRISE AZ 85379
- Mrs. Lisa T Haws MS CCC SLP2220 S COUNTRY CLUB MESA AZ 85210
- Jessica Solari M.A. CCC-SLP15802 N PARKVIEW PL SURPRISE AZ 85374
- Miss Lisa Marie Mcnamara M.S. CCC-SLP2850 N 24TH ST PHOENIX AZ 85008