Dr. Richard Obenour practices Pulmonology in Knoxville, TN. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Obenour manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1955
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- INDICATIONS FOR INITIAL AND MAINTENANCE THERAPY WITH ANTIHYPERTENSIVE DRUGS.
- CLINICAL EVALUATION OF THE DYSPNEIC PATIENT.
- Ozone and PM2.5 exposure and acute pulmonary health effects: a study of hikers in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Case report: alveolar proteinosis.
- North American blastomycosis.
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Univ Tn Grad Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine; Knoxville Gen Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Richard Alexander Obenour M.D.'s Practice location
Knoxville, TN 37920Get Direction
Dr. Richard Alexander Obenour M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Is Sarcoidosis Diagnosed?
What is sarcoidosis?Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disease, which is characterized by the growth of granulomas or tiny collections of inflammatory cells in various parts of the body. When the immune system is slowed down and when these numerous clumps form, they tend to interfere with the organ’s...
- New Study: ADHD's Potential Impact on Cystic Fibrosis
Results from a recent study have shown that 15% of Adults with Cystic Fibrosis (CF) had definitive symptoms for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).While past research had shown a prevalence of anxiety and depression in adults with CF, the incidence of ADHD was described as...
- What is Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome?
Acute respiratory distress syndrome, or ARDS, the malignant inflammation of the lungs, and develops as a response to an infection or infection. Recently, our understanding of the pathophysiology of this condition has improved a lot and has led to better medical interventions. Since this is one of...
- Pneumonia: The Signs and Symptoms
You may be a patient concerned about the symptoms of pneumonia or you may have a friend or relative with symptoms suggestive of pneumonia. There are no universal symptoms that apply to every individual. The symptoms will vary from person to person and depend on the specific situation of each and...
- How to Avoid Germs as Someone with CF
Living with cystic fibrosis or CF can weigh heavily on your every day routine. With the amount of medications and treatments that you constantly need to take, you are at greater risk of catching germs and developing infections. Such infections can cause harm to your lungs, in turn leading to severe...
- Cystic Fibrosis: A Day in the Life
Everyday tasks like walking up a set of stairs can be a daunting and debilitating endeavor for individuals with cystic fibrosis. The progressive, lifelong illness causes thick mucus to build up on the inside of critical organs, most notably the lungs. People who live with cystic fibrosis are...
- Dr. J.F. Turner MD3621 Topside Road Knoxville Tennessee 37920
- Dr. Paul David Banick M.D.200 E Blount Ave Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Hassan F Nadrous M.D.10710 Murdock Road Knoxville TN 37932
- Dr. Matthew M Reichert M.D.2240 Sutherland Ave Knoxville TN 37919
- Dr. Adeel Basit Shibli MD1924 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Michael P Ramos M.D.5651 Frist Blvd Hermitage TN 37076