Dr. Auguste Fortin is an internist practicing in Waterbury, CT. Dr. Fortin specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Fortin provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1985
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Curriculum of literature and medicine for residents.
- Communication skills to improve patient satisfaction and quality of care.
- STUDENTJAMA. Medical school curricula in spirituality and medicine.
- Teaching personal awareness.
- Spirituality and medicine. A workshop for medical students and residents.
- Teaching brief motivational interviewing to Year three medical students.
- A systematic review of curricula on relationships between residents and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Physicians' attitudes toward the autopsy of patients with AIDS.
- Assessment of a motivational interviewing curriculum for year 3 medical students using a standardized patient case.
- Benefits of teaching medical students how to communicate with patients having serious illness: comparison of two approaches to experiential, skill-based, and self-reflective learning.
- Attitudes of house officers toward the autopsy.
- An evidence-based patient-centered method makes the biopsychosocial model scientific.
- Passing the torch: a proposed amendment to "A Physician Charter".
- Addressing mental health issues in primary care: an initial curriculum for medical residents.
- Training primary care physicians in cognitive behavioral therapy: A review of the literature.
- Implementing and Evaluating a Four-Year Integrated End-of-Life Care Curriculum for Medical Students.
- Value of necropsy in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
- Attenuation of the media of coronary arteries in advanced atherosclerosis.
- Case study: worsening Tourette's disorder or withdrawal dystonia?
- Bellevue Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Auguste H Fortin MD's Practice location
Waterbury, CT 06708Get Direction
NEW HAVEN, CT 06511Get Direction
Dr. Auguste H Fortin MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Diarrhea: The Top 10 Questions
Is diarrhea a sign of early pregnancy?Diarrhea is a very common sign of early pregnancy. Every woman is different and so are her experiences of pregnancy. Not every woman experiences the same symptoms. Hence, diarrhea is also not a symptom that every pregnant woman experiences, although it’s quite...
- What Should I Know About Bruises?
A bruise is a skin injury in which the color of the skin changes due to the breakage of blood vessels under the skin. The affected skin becomes blue or black in color, as blood accumulates just under the surface of the skin, resulting in a raised area or bump. These bumps are painful and may take a...
- What Is IBS with Diarrhea (IBS-D)?
If you are suffering from IBS-D, you may experience belly pain that is usually associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and you will be forced to make several trips to the bathroom. The letter "D" stands for "diarrhea".General CausesThere is no actual cause of IBS-D. However, the following are...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- What Is Menopause?
Menopause is a normal process resulting from aging, in women. Menopause usually occurs between the ages of 45-years-old and 55-years-old. This is characterized by the cessation of menstruation along with a number of changes in the body, and marks the end of the reproductive period in women.Causes of...
- Breastfeeding Does Not Affect A Mother's Sleep Cycle
According to a new study, mothers who breastfeed sleep the same amount as mothers who feed their babies with infant formula. Women who breastfed their children got as much sleep during the night as women who fed their babies with formula and breastfeeding moms were any more exhausted compared to...
- Dr. Rex L Mahnensmith M.D.28 Ashton Circle Simsbury CT 06070
- Leslie Douglas-Churchwell 800 Howard Ave New Haven CT 06519
- Dr. Karin Michels-Ashwood MD982 East Main Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06608
- Dr. Fausto Petruzziello MD52 Washington Ave North Haven CT 06473
- Dr. Amy Chai MD714 Chase Parkway Waterbury CT 06708
- Dr. Arina Cadariu M.D.20 York Street New Haven Connecticut 6512