Dr. Salman Akhtar is a cardiologist practicing in Las Vegas, NV. Dr. Akhtar specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Akhtar also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Allama Iqbal Med Coll- Univ Of Punjab- Lahore- Pakistan 1987
Allama Iqbal Medical College 1988
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Disease
- Venous Insufficiency
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Tx Med Sch At Houston, Cardiovascular Diseases; Baylor Coll Of Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Salman Akhtar MD's Practice location
Las Vegas, NV 89128Get Direction
LAS VEGAS, NV 89128Get Direction
Dr. Salman Akhtar MD's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips on Living with Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial fibrillation is a condition of the heart which causes irregularity of the heartbeat. It causes quivering inside the heart chambers, especially the atria. Due to this rapid and irregular trembling, patients also have an increased risk of stroke.People that have atrial fibrillation usually have...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- Pain that Requires Prompt Medical Attention
The following are a list of different painful experiences that one must seek medical attention for:Severe headache“If headache is accompanied by a cold, it could be sinus headache”, says Sandra Fryhofer, MD, MACP, spokeswoman for the American College of Physicians. If the headache is severe and...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- Sons Can Inherit Heart Disease from Their Fathers
A recent study has shown that some of the genes present in the Y chromosome increases the chances of heart disease by as much as 50%. Men inherit a higher risk of cardiovascular diseases directly from their fathers. This adds to the increasing evidence as to why men are more susceptible to heart...
- What are Atrial Fibrillation Blood Clots?
What are Atrial Fibrillation Blood Clots?Perhaps the terms Atrial Fibrillation Blood Clots are familiar with your ears or may be not, as the opposite applies to many and may be you are one of them. If you are in the latter group of people, then worry only if you have not read this article to the end...
- Dr. Leo J Spaccavento MD2470 E Flamingo Rd Las Vegas NV 89110
- Dr. Karen Arcotta MD6830 S Rainbow Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89118
- Allan J. Stahl Other653 Town Center Dr. Las Vegas Nevada 89144
- Dr. Zia U. Khan MD5785 South Fort Apache Road Las Vegas Nevada 89144
- Tillmann Cyrus6900 North Pecos Road North Las Vegas NV 89086
- Tali Arik9280 West Sunset Road Las Vegas Nevada 89148