Dr. Jessica Tellis is a speech language pathologist practicing in BALTIMORE, MD. Dr. Tellis specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Tellis evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Tellis helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Jessica Tellis MS-CCC SLP's Practice location
BALTIMORE, MD 21231Get Direction
Jessica Tellis MS-CCC SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Donna Long CCC-SLPTOWSON UNIVERSITY SLH CLINIC TOWSON MD 21252
- Ms. Cynthia Ann Krabill M. S, CCC,SLP416 E 30TH ST BALTIMORE MD 21218
- Ms. Mallene Peace Wiggin MA, CCC-SLPTHE LISTENING CENTER AT JOHNS HOPKINS BALTIMORE MD 21287
- Mrs. Shannon Rose Atkinson M.S., CCC-SLP11500 CRONRIDGE DR OWINGS MILLS MD 21117
- Sara A Burley CCC - SLP707 N BROADWAY BALTIMORE MD 21205
- Mrs. Ana Lynn Curtin CCC-SLP1131 RAMBLEWOOD DR ANNAPOLIS MD 21409