Dr. Scott Simon is a urologist practicing in La Jolla, CA. Dr. Simon specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
Rush Med Coll of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 1996
Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center 1996
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Enlarged Prostate
- Loyola Univ Med Ctr, Urology; Loyola Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Loyola University Medical Center Program
Dr. Scott David Simon M.D.'s Practice location
La Jolla, CA 92037Get Direction
Dr. Scott David Simon M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Simon
- What Is Dysuria?
Introduction Dysuria is the medical term used to describe painful or difficult urination. The discomfort is usually characterized by a burning sensation. Most individuals who complain of painful or burning urination have a urinary tract infection. There are many health conditions that can cause...
- Does AZO Work for UTIs?
What is AZO?AZO is an analgesic that relieves urinary discomfort caused by a urinary tract infection or catheter use. It is a brand name for phenazopyridine hydrochloride. It eases the pain in the urinary tract by soothing the mucous membranes. However, its exact mechanism remains unknown.The active...
- 6 Health Benefits of Taking a Sitz Bath
What is a sitz bath?A sitz bath is a shallow bath using warm water to help ease pain or itching in the perineum, the area between the anus and the scrotum or vulva. The word sitz is derived from the German word sitzen, meaning to sit. A sitz bath is usually recommended for people who have an anal...
- What Can Cause Blood in Urine (Without an Infection)?
Blood in urine is a symptom that does not typically appear on its own, and is generally a sign of an underlying problem. It is important to understand that the cause of blood in urine is not always infection. There are multiple causes for this, some more serious than others. Possible causes of blood...
- Kidney Stones: What is Urinary Retention Medication?
Kidney stones come about from an infection that leads to formation of stone-like structures in the kidney. Kidney stones are made up of different materials, mostly being acidic salts and minerals filtered from the blood by the kidney. These minerals, once filtered from the blood, fail to dissolve...
- What Is Blue Balls and How to Get Rid of It
"Blue balls" is one of the most common health issues seen among young men who indulge in heavy sexual activities. It is the most uncomfortable situation for a man who tries to find immediate relief."Blue balls" as it is called is one of the slang terms used for vasocongestion in the testicles. It is...
- Dr. Paul Victor Polishuk M.D.215 S Hickory St Escondido CA 92025
- Dr. Youssef S Tanagho MD, MPH8851 Center Dr La Mesa CA 91942
- Dr. Carol Kashefi M.D.200 W Arbor Dr San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Mohamed Bidair M.D.5555 Reservoir Dr San Diego CA 92120
- Dr. Ramsey Neal Chichakli M.D.10666 N Torrey Pines Rd La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. James Lincoln Roberts M.D.4033 3rd Ave San Diego CA 92103