Dr. Oleg Shapiro is a urologist practicing in Syracuse, NY. Dr. Shapiro specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 2002
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- 2010
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Enlarged Prostate
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Birth Defects
- Testicular Cancer
- FellowAmerican College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Member American Urological Association (AUA)
- Member AMERICAN UROLOGICAL SOCIETY
Dr. Oleg Shapiro MD's Practice location
Syracuse, NY 13210Get Direction
Dr. Oleg Shapiro MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shapiro
- Risk Factors for Testicular Cancer
Testicular cancer happens when germ cells within the male testicles start reproducing in an uncontrolled manner, resulting in a mass of tissue called a tumor. Germ cells are cells that eventually grow into sperm cells, and germ cell tumors account for more than 98 percent of all cancers affecting...
- What Exactly Is an Orgasm?
An orgasm is the peak of sexual excitement in both men and women. It is often stimulated by genital pleasure and followed by an ejaculation in men. Sometimes, orgasm is called climaxing or coming. The heart beats faster and breathing gets heavier and quicker when you have an orgasm.In women, orgasms...
- Can My Diet Influence Erectile Dysfunction?
Can My Diet Influence Erectile Dysfunction?Food is known to have diverse effects on the body of a human being. Eating helps maintain our bodies and keep us alive. We all have different eating patterns and preferences. Lifestyle choices also involve the types of food we choose to consume.Our bodies...
- Treatments for Gonorrhea
What types of medications are prescribed for gonorrhea?Gonorrhea is a bacterial infection and sexually transmitted disease that is caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae. People can get infected by having unprotected oral, vaginal, or anal sex. Sharing of contaminated sex toys can also transmit the...
- What Do Urologists Treat?
What is a urologist?A urologist is a doctor who specializes in urinary tract disorders, including disorders of the external genital organs. Urologists also treat both males and females, contrary to popular belief that they only treat males. They treat any disorders that affect the kidneys, bladder,...
- What Causes Blood in the Urine?
The presence of blood in the urine could cause anxiety. Although there are cases where the cause is actually not a cause of concern, some cases may also indicate a serious condition.Blood in the urine is known as hematuria. The blood that you can see with your naked eye is referred to as gross...
- Dr. Timothy Karl Byler MD60 Presidential Plz Syracuse NY 13202
- Dr. Srinivas Vourganti M.D.750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Philip R Kreitzer MD4211 Medical Center Dr Fayetteville NY 13066
- Dr. Elan W Salzhauer M.D.5100 W Taft Rd Liverpool NY 13088
- Dr. Zahi N. Makhuli MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Andres M Madissoo M.D.1226 E Water St Syracuse NY 13210