Dr. Elliot Morton Michel M.D.
Neurologist | Neurology2801 Freeport Road Natrona Heights PA, 15065
Dr. Elliot Michel practices Neuropathology in Natrona Heights, PA. Dr. Michel studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1976
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Neurology
Dr. Elliot Morton Michel M.D.'s Practice location
Natrona Heights, PA 15065Get Direction
Dr. Elliot Morton Michel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Michel
- Diabetes Drug May Help Prevent Parkinson's, Study Shows
Drugs used to treat type 2 diabetes, belonging to a class called glitazones (GTZs) may reduce the risk of Parkinson’s by as much as 28 percent, a study suggests. It was a large scale study done by analyzing more than 100 million prescriptions. ...
- What Are Cold Sores?
Cold sores are small, painful blisters that form on the lips or skin around the nose, mouth, or chin. Also called as herpes labialis and fever blisters, cold sores are caused by a herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection. It usually begins in childhood or young adulthood and continues to persist...
- Multiple Sclerosis and Smoking - Warnings on the Link Between the Two
No one has to tell you that smoking causes severe health problems – there is a scary enough warning on every packet! Today, over 16 million Americans are living with a disease caused by smoking. On a global level, tobacco use causes nearly 6 million deaths per year and by 2030, it is estimated...
- Knocking Out Parkinson's: How Boxing is Effective for Parkinson's Patients
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive disorder of the central system that primarily affects the motor system and movement capabilities of the patients. The symptoms of Parkinson’s disease usually appear slowly overtime but are generally dominated by shaking, rigidity, slowness when patients try...
- Sleep Apnea Control May Contribute to Stroke Recovery
Obstructive sleep apnea, the most common form of sleep apnea, is characterized by repetitive closure of the upper airway during sleep. This closure results in a recurrent cycle of sleep disruption and possible hypoxia. Symptoms include loud snoring, feeling unrested when you wake up, and a general...
- An Innovative Method for the Early Prediction of Parkinson's Disease
As technology advances, so does the methods at the researcher’s disposal to create innovative tools that can be used in many contexts to, in one way or another, improve the user’s effectiveness at performing certain tasks. Case in point, a team of researchers from the Washington University...
- Dr. Ruchi Wanchoo MD420 E. North Ave Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212
- Dr. Neil Amdur Busis M.D.532 S Aiken Ave Pittsburgh PA 15232
- Dr. Barbara K O'connell MD4310 Londonderry Rd Harrisburg PA 17109
- Dr. Marina Zaretskaya M.D.1350 Locust St Pittsburgh PA 15219
- Dr. Eileen M Rice M.D.200 Delafield Rd Pittsburgh PA 15215
- Dr. Eric Martin Mcdade DO200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905